- The Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
With the newly awarded New Degree Awarding Powers, you will also have the unique opportunity to define and deliver projects that will contribute to a Higher Education Institute like no other.
About the roleAs a Senior Data Analyst, you’ll support The Dyson Institute in defining and delivering a data and reporting strategy. You will develop strong relationships with the supporting IT, Information Management and Privacy functions within the wider Dyson business to ensure The Dyson Institute follows best practice with its data at all times.
- Identify data sets used at the Dyson Institute and collate a centralised register of information
- Work with colleagues within the team to access data stored in a range of systems
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets to generate reports and business insight for a broad range of purposes
- Summarise and present data and conclusions, suitable for the understanding of the Dyson Institute Team
- Define and track key performance indicators, including defining sector benchmarking
- Establish a record management storage processes, based on industry best practice
- Work with the cross functional Institute Team to develop data dashboard reporting, graphs and visualisation
- Establish a centralised reporting schedule, including generating datasets for statutory and regulatory returns and governance bodies
- Conduct Quality assurance on our data collation processes, ensuring that information is held within GDPR and other legal requirements
- Monitor and audit data quality
- You’ll have experience gathering requirements from senior leaders, managing and analysing data sets, and providing visualisation to communicate findings.
- You’ll have strong communication skills, and understand how to share insights with stakeholders.
- You’ll have logical and creative thinking skills to tell compelling narratives to influence the Senior Leaders to make effective business decisions.
- You’ll have a proven IT and mathematical skills, hold a statistical qualification, or relevant experience working within a data management team.
- You’ll have experience manipulating databases, and developing Tableau dashboard reports.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.