- MYR Competitive Salary
- Mechanical Engineering, Product Design
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Dyson RDD develop products which are deliberately different and verifiably better than the competition. These solutions are increasingly complex and require closer and closer integration of traditionally separate engineering disciplines. Our Product development team embody our machines and design for manufacture. We break down a complex engineering problem into digestible chunks: clarifying our products requirements, testing their functions, robustness, behaviour and structural architecture. The breadth of knowledge of our engineers, and their depth of knowledge of our technologies, allows them to question the solutions from any team, finding and resolving risks before they become issues.
- Apply innovative problem solving skills to support the vision specification for new product concepts
- Day to day operational management for a team of Design Engineers/Graduate Design Engineers including technical guidance, performance management and career development
- Implement great design and solve engineering problems to make products that meet all performance and functional criteria within demanding project timescales
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality
- Communicate between all teams within RDD and Global Operations to ensure effective and timely input
- Participate in regular design reviews with the Design Manager, Engineering Manager and RDD Director
- Work with research teams to integrate and develop new technology research into the final design
- To participate in design reviews with Senior Design Engineers and Engineering Managers – justify design detail and collaborate with other specialists
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Between 5-7 years previous experience designing manufactured products and practical knowledge of 3D CAD
- At least 1-2 years of managing a small team
- Sound understanding and knowledge of physical principles
- A strong understanding of practical and methodical design development through prototyping, testing and evaluation of results
- Knowledge and understanding of plastic injection moulding, tooling and other manufacturing methods
- A passion for engineering. Able to demonstrate how your ideas have made a difference
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self starter - ability to work independently.