- SGD Competitive
- Mechanical Engineering, Product Design
• Day to day operational management for a team of Design Engineers/Graduate Design Engineers including technical guidance, performance management and career development
• Lead the cable harness integration team and promote engineering best practice
• Review, maintain and implement improvements and design guides for wiring system architecture.
• Support product and process improvements initiative (wiring governance) through collaboration with other harness leads globally
• Drive cross-team collaboration to meet the project needs related to wiring integration
• Diagnose and respond to problem reports on both project and production issues related to wiring integration
• Apply innovative problem solving skills to support the vision specification for new product concepts
• Implement great design and solve engineering problems to make products that meet all performance and functional criteria within demanding project timescales
• Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality
• Communicate between all teams within RDD and Global Operations to ensure effective and timely input
• Participate in regular design reviews with the Design Manager, Engineering Manager and RDD Director – justify design detail and collaborate with other specialists
• Work with research teams to integrate and develop new technology research into the final design
• At least a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Between 5-7 years previous experience designing manufactured products and practical knowledge of 3D CAD
• At least 1-2 years of managing a small team
• At least 2 years experience of detailed cable & wire harness specification, design and integration to meet the system wiring requirements (e.g. wire size/gauge/strand count, jacket materials, connector types, wire routing, PCBA integration etc.)
• Detailed understanding of the compliance and general test requirements for cables and looms.
• Sound understanding and knowledge of physical principles
• A strong understanding of practical and methodical design development through prototyping, testing and evaluation of results
• Knowledge and understanding of plastic injection moulding, tooling and other manufacturing methods
• A passion for engineering. Able to demonstrate how your ideas have made a difference
• Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
• Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Self starter - ability to work independently.