- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Mechanical Engineering
- Singapore, Singapore - Singapore
- Design and develop solutions, mainly in plastic, rubber and metal parts
- Cross team work with tooling, validation, material, performance team to assess the design component.
- To generate input for DFMEA, PFMEA via limit rig testing.
- Design for Manufacturing – such as generate Poke Yoke feature, tolerance stacking.
- To perform p art approval process, including spray painted part.
- To buy off test rig, production jig setup
- Report design status and brief development time plan.
Apply innovative problem solving skills to help meet or exceed the requirements of our products
- Day to day operational management for a team of Design Engineers/Graduate Design Engineers including technical guidance, performance management and career development
- Deliver design solutions that ensure safety and reliability of our products
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively the results and project status between all relevant teams
- Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from concept and proof of principle through to developed prototypes and production.
- Develop 3D CAD, engineering drawings and tolerance stacks for mechanical and electrical components and assemblies along with test rigs and assembly jigs.
- Deliver designs, concepts and detailed ideas that are optimised for low cost, high volume manufacturing
- Understand and apply engineering analysis tools such as FEA and hand calculations to develop concepts and validate designs.
- Work closely with the other engineering disciplines to ensure that the product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met, all within the planned timeline of the project.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Between 5-7 years previous experience designing manufactured products and practical knowledge of 3D CAD
- At least 1-2 years of managing a small team
- Sound understanding and knowledge of physical principles
- A strong understanding of practical and methodical design development through prototyping, testing and evaluation of results
- Able to work independently.
- Knowledge and understanding of plastic injection moulding, tooling and other manufacturing methods
- A passion for engineering. Able to demonstrate how your ideas have made a difference
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- CAD experience ( NX, solidwork or autocad )
- Able to travel in short notice if require
- Good in communication and presentation skill.
- Creative and love to think out of the box