- Hullavington - United Kingdom
The Engineer will create CAD concepts for the Chassis Suspension Team with a strong focus on flexible components including pipes and hoses. This includes integrating and liaising with many teams across the product development, finding high quality, innovative and robust solutions to packaging challenges. Autonomous working style and good self-discipline to working practices is a must.
AccountabilitiesCore responsibilities: Part of the Chassis team, initially delivering suspension CAD concepts for a range of components. The CAD fidelity will need to improve along with the project; developing concepts into production solutions. You will have a high level of chassis system knowledge, and be able to manage a large number of inputs into the design, including Designing for Manufacture & Service.
Day to day duties:
- Create designs for a variety of components, with a range of materials and manufacturing processes. These include pipes and hoses with interfaces across the car.
- Create and maintain assemblies with data from multiple sources including supplier CAD ensuring a coherent internal data set.
- Create dynamic envelopes and sweeps of moving Chassis Elements and maintain these to appropriately communicate to the business.
- Be aware of and utilise the latest technology, construction and manufacturing techniques and materials.
- Take responsibility of component and sub-system CAD and ensure requirements and target specifications for function; cost, weight and investment are achieved.
- Review physical builds, critically assessing the package and component design in a hand-on manner and update the component in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Create and release parts to production intent designs, global regulations and standards. Optimise and validate designs by liaising with CAE/simulation engineers and other sources.
- Support test, development, validation and build events where appropriate.
- Work within the team and with other functional areas (both internally and externally) to ensure system integration and compatibility.
- Support CAD releases and reviews to program milestones ensuring BOM’s and data sets are always up to date and diligently maintained.
- Liaising with chassis module owners, CAD/package engineers and FE/design engineers required for carrying out the above tasks on a regular basis.
- Engineering knowledge of chassis, function, performance and manufacturing requirements.
- Proven experience of development from concept to production.
- Competency with Siemens NX CAD & TeamCentre would be favourable.
- PC literacy, MS Project, excel, power point, word etc.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines