- Competitive + benefits
- United Kingdom
This role sits within the Seating function of our automotive interiors team.
- Specialist in developing and engineering unique seating systems– experience overseeing full lifecycle from concept to production.
- Management of a small team including recruitment and people development.
- Champion great design to produce seating that meets all performance and functional criteria.
- Applying problem solving techniques to support the vision specification for new product concepts.
- Participate in and lead creative cross team collaboration to support new product development.
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved.
- Use established development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver robust design solutions to agreed timescales.
- Prepare for (and participate in when required) design reviews with Engineering Heads and Concept Design Director / James Dyson and/or Executive, as required.
- Degree Qualified within a relevant Automotive / Engineering discipline.
- Specialist in developing unique engineering seating systems– experience overseeing full lifecycle from concept to production.
- Proven project delivery experience, on time & to budget.
- Proven track record of managing resource & people development.
- Experience in mechanical engineering, mechanisms, structures.
- Experience of safety systems and their interaction with seating.
- Understanding of electrical interfaces.
- Experience of supplier management with Tier 1 or Tier 2 suppliers.
- Proven ability to communicate through 2D & 3D media such as sketching, CAD, model making, surface modelling.
- Sound knowledge manufacturing techniques, engineering standards, International regulations and Requirements: DFM, Validation, PLM, DFMEA etc
- Understanding of CAE application to seating and an ability to interrogate the results and process.
- A good balance of practical and theoretical skills; calculations from first principles; prototype rig building and industry test methods to verify the design.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively with other teams in RDD. Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- A creative and considered approach to problem solving,
- Works well in a pressurised environment
- Must be open-minded with a willingness to embrace new ways of working, thinking and rapid change.