- United Kingdom
This role sits within the HMI team of our Automotive function.
- Able to manage specification into innovative UX concepts
- Effectively communicate concepts and ideas
- Understand and dictate control and feedback requirements
- Manage concepts with design and engineering teams as well as senior management
- Define Specification of solutions to suit the requirements of electronics – Interior –Exterior teams.
- Play a leading role in developing systems for next generation products.
- Develop product feature lists and user cases to make rationalised design decisions.
- Collaborate to construct user trails to evaluate design feasibility and analyse and present results.
- Communicating design intent through sketches, wire framing, Logical Flows and prototypes.
- Collaborating with industrial designers, modelling teams and engineers to create seamless user experiences.
- Create and own UX specs and requirements documentation through to production.
- Solid Knowledge of Automotive HMI Standards, design guidelines and best practise for Physical Commands, Cluster, HUD, HVAC, Infotainment and Vehicle functions.
- Experience of working within UX design in an Automotive environment
- Bachelor degree in Ergonomics, or Design or Human Factor (or related field) with professional experience
- Experience with Usability and Distraction Testing.
- Good visual communication skills, drawing, sketching etc.
- Creative and methodical problem solving skills.
- A good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion visually and in writing / verbally.
- Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude
- Excellent team-working skills.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Private Medical and Dental