- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As Senior Design Engineer within in our Personal Care team you'll be driving our projects and providing technical guidance to our employees. Our Personal Care team has been the driving force behind our success with recent products such as Supersonic & Airwrap, joining the team will allow you to be a significant part of the next generation of products.
- Apply innovative problem solving skills to support the vision specification for new product concepts
- Day to day operational management for a team of Design Engineers/Graduate Design Engineers including technical guidance, performance management and career development
- Implement great design and solve engineering problems to make products that meet all performance and functional criteria within demanding project timescales
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality
- Communicate between all teams within RDD and Global Operations to ensure effective and timely input
- Participate in regular design reviews with the Design Manager, Head of Engineering and RDD Director
- Work with research teams to integrate and develop new technology research into the final design
- To participate in design reviews with Senior Design Engineers and Head of Engineering – justify design detail and collaborate with other specialists
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Between 5-7 years previous experience designing manufactured products and practical knowledge of 3D CAD
- Sound understanding and knowledge of physical principles
- A strong understanding of practical and methodical design development through prototyping, testing and evaluation of results
- Knowledge and understanding of plastic injection moulding, tooling and other manufacturing methods
- A passion for engineering. Able to demonstrate how your ideas have made a difference
- Knowledge or understanding of UI / UX design and implementation.
- Experience working closely with electronics and electronic systems.
- Basic coding skills and knowledge of system engineering.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines