- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As a Design Engineer within New Product Innovation (NPI) you will be a crucial member of a dynamic team to help meet and exceed the requirements of our products. You will be working closely with Research engineer specialists and downstream RDD teams to create and develop new technology, product formats and business cases for the Haircare category.
- Designers will be expected to initiate new product concepts and ideas and identify market opportunities from a blank sheet of paper.
- Take responsibility for creating and owning the vision specification and business case for new product concepts Develop and integrate core technologies with the support of technical specialists.
- Produce working concepts for reviews with the use of handmade or prototype parts.
- Keep a Design Rationale document or similar up to date showing the detail design process of your designs with good technical justifications.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent
- Sound understanding of basic physical principles and the development of products and technologies through prototyping and testing
- Proven ability to communicate through a variety of media
- Ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate with work of others
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively in cross-functional design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of multiple tooling and manufacturing techniques.
- Proven experience of delivering robust design solutions on time, to specification and within cost and budget constraints.
- A creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes.
- Practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to balance cost and value
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines