- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success. The Digital Workplace Services Team in which this role is aligned exist to:
- Deliver world class Service Desk, End User Computing, Collaboration, Legal and HR IT Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are followed
- Drive continual improvement into the Digital Workplace services space in line with Dyson’s growth
- Deliver a roadmap for all Digital Work place services to drive transformation required to support Dyson’s blueprint
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
About the roleReporting to the Head of EUS Service Operations Management, you will be responsible for provisioning world class global End User Computing support and operations for 15.5k employees globally including executive support. In addition, you will implement and manage EUC tools, manage EUC budgets, automate; where appropriate, improve EUC processes, implement service improvements and measure success in EUC.
You are required to create a successful EUC Service Operations strategy/roadmap for your underlying services, and execute that by leading and influencing in a highly matrixed and leveraged global environment.
- Develop and deliver short, medium and long term plans for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of offshore EUC and onsite EUC service operations that will generate a significant, positive impact on profitability and strategic direction, through improved stability, capacity management, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Act as the operational service owner for all aspects of End User Computing working closely with the Head of End User Computing and Architects.
- Define, implement and communicate a global service operations strategy for End User Computing at Dyson and ensure that it remains current and fit for purpose
- Manage a global EUC operations team to effectively deliver and standardise the service operations across all Dyson locations. Where the team members are recruited by Dyson this is to include effective career management, providing equitable opportunities, driving succession planning and talent management processes to ensure continuous development of people capability & delivery of results.
- Provide on call support on a rota basis on weekends, national holidays and holiday cover in order to provide major incident management and escalation services during this time.
- Effectively manage third parties and support teams associated to delivering your IT service operations across the globe
- Through the use of a strategic partners and/or internal teams you will be responsible for the global End User Computing service operation plans and actions to achieve consistent operational performance against agreed SLA and KPIs, monitoring performance against agreed metrics.
- Use End User Computing best practices and the ITIL framework to drive continual process improvement culture across your areas of responsibility including automation and ‘shift left’ to the Service Desk.
- Report on defined EUC service delivery KPI’s and SLA’s and continually drive for improvements
- Ensure that EUC related major incidents are managed in line with the major incident process. Ensure that major incident actions and lessons learned are documented and delivered
- Input into wider DWS business service reviews and third party reviews in order to drive the DWS service strategy (shift left, automation etc)
- Drive continual service improvement initiatives to drive improvement to key KPI’s and SLA’s including customer satisfaction for EUC IT Services. Develop action plans and roadmaps to address areas needing improvement.
- Stay abreast of trends in End User Computing service operations including management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and other external changes that could have an impact on IT services.
- Ensure that service operations are delivered within the bounds of Dyson’s policies and any global legislative compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI, Cyber Security etc
- Effectively manage global End User Computing operational risks and issues within your area of responsibility.
- Work effectively with the DWS Programme Team to ensure that new/amended IT EUC services are introduced into EUC Operations effectively and efficiently with the ability to report on performance.
About youYou must possess strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key business stakeholders up to Exec level. You will also possess strong third party management skills to effectively manage a strategic third parties suppliers as well as niche suppliers. You must demonstrate strong leadership qualities and be-able to manage teams across the globe in a matrix managed environment. You must be naturally inquisitive in new technology and trends and not be afraid to ‘fail fast and learn’.
- Previous experience in an End User Computing role in a similar sized global organisation (5 years)
- Extensive knowledge of IT End User Computing tools e.g. SCCM, MDM’s, JAMFand best practices
- Extensive knowledge of multiple operating systems including Windows, Mac, iOS and Linux
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft platforms and services e.g Azure, Azure AD, O365
- Experience of transforming an end user computing organisation to Evergreen and the adoption/rollout of autopilot
- ITIL trained with previous experience of creating and implementing ITIL aligned policies and processes globally across the IT organisation (internal and external)
- A professional who can provide examples of transforming service operations within a global company
- A natural problem solver
- Ability to set and effectively communicate operational strategies and processes
- Experience with Vendor and Contract Management
- Experience in vendor selection and/or near shoring team set up
- Strong management and leadership skills
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Retirement: 3% company contribution
- Life assurance: 12 months’ salary
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: 12 months’ salary
- Medical: Employee cover + opportunity to buy additional cover for family
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellness account: gym membership, additional health services, movie tickets
- Annual leave: 20 days for less than 10 years’ service, more than 10 years’ service is 26 days
- Product discount 3 x 40%
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.