- Competitive + Benefits
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Senior Electronics Hardware Design Engineer role involves specification, design and test of the electronic circuits for new products across all of Dyson’s consumer appliance product categories. As a member of the UK Electronics HW Design group based in Malmesbury, England, you will work in multi-disciplinary global project teams to define, architect and deliver the electronics for new products. You may also be working with Dyson’s Research and New Product Innovation teams to investigate and develop novel electronics to support and realise new product ideas.
The role will require a highly motivated, creative, methodical and flexible person, ready to take on challenges with a pragmatic approach. You may also be tasked with leading a team of electronics engineers on a development project, and also with supervising, mentoring and guiding junior engineers.
- Development of analogue, digital and microcontroller-based electronic circuits for new Dyson products.
- Design for new products across all Dyson product categories.
- Circuit design, analysis, design reviews, and supervision of verification and validation testing.
- Development of novel technologies and circuit designs for new & existing product streams.
- Providing team and/or technology leadership for new product development.
- Liaising with Dyson engineering teams in the UK and South East Asia to drive products through to production.
- Pro-active adoption and championing of high quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework.
- As a Senior engineer you will be an experienced design engineer, self-powered and capable of working unsupervised to generate high quality design solutions.
- Preferably you will have experience of the whole product development lifecycle, from initial concept generation through to mass production and beyond.
- Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
- Experience of electronics through multiple product development cycles.
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory certification at the PCBA and product levels.
- Preferable, some experience in a team or technology leadership role.
- Useful, experience of design and certification of mains-powered systems.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines