- Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of the Sensors Team within the Electronics Group, involved in the implementation of new display technologies in consumer appliances.
- The sensors team work at all stages of the product life cycle from inventing and evaluating new technologies through to the implementation of the final product.
- The candidate will be working with engineers and scientists on multiple projects with opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of product development.
- This role requires the ability to design, build and test displays for consumer appliances. The candidate will use their broad knowledge of Hardware and Software to design and build prototypes, going on to test these and then support the Electronics Group to build their solutions into the product.
- Be challenged to solve complex problems in novel ways
- Quantitatively compare different display products and make recommendations
- Quickly develop display prototypes for demonstration in product
- Design schematics and make layout recommendations for interfacing
- Write drivers for displays in embedded C
- Mentor and support other engineers
- Present your designs to peers and senior management for review
- A good degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Electronics Engineering, Physics)
- A broad understanding of display technologies and the market
- Experience measuring important display parameters
- Experience interfacing to displays in hardware and software
- Excellent analogue and digital electronics fundamentals
- Able to use a range of hardware design packages ideally including Mentor and Altium
- Strong embedded firmware skills in C
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines