- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We start with an engineering mindset and different thinking, then continuously refine our ideas, unwilling to compromise until we’ve found a better way.
Our new product teams take radical new ideas and develop them into reality. They explore the limits of our technology and optimise it through relentless experimenting, testing and iterating.
About the role
The Electronics System Verification team have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Engineer to deliver all aspects of Electronics System Verification from requirements review and test system development through to data analysis and results reporting. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of dynamic teams to help support the understanding of new technologies, define test strategies and support the creation of testable requirements. A key component of this role will be developing automated test solutions which will involve using a wide range of tools including NI LabVIEW and TestStand, working with the rest of the team to ensure test solutions are scalable and platformed across multiple projects and categories. Working closely with the electronics and category teams, you will need to raise issues and support bug investigation as required by the project.
- Understand Dyson product and system requirements and what determines good or bad performance.
- Work with project teams to determine test needs.
- Make manual and automated electronics measurements
- Take ownership of system verification test development, execution and analysis for the assigned parts of the project(s).
- Specify test equipment and tools and infrastructure required for systems testing
- Work with test engineers and project leads to help manage the flow and presentation of meaningful test results.
- Interface with engineers and managers to promote test engineering best practice across Dyson.
- Contribute to the definition and refinement of systems engineering processes.
- LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA, TestStand and/or Python competence
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline. Electronics, Electrical or Systems preferred.
- Experience testing complex systems.
- Experience creating test methods and specifying test equipment.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to handle a broad and complex workload.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.