- MYR Competitive Remuneration Package
- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Embedded software engineer for Professional, Lighting and Environmental Care (EC) product categories.
- Involve in product requirement document review and analysis.
- Involve in feasibility study and proof of concept.
- Generate software requirement specification, architecture documents, design documents and test specification.
- Work on software design, code implementation and verification (unit/module testing) of embedded software for all product categories, including robotics.
- Work cross teams to optimize product performance.
- Debug and resolve software issues.
- Deliver quality and robust software without blocker issue.
- Maintain current and well informed on embedded software engineering methodologies and technologies.
- Drive for continuous improvement in software development process and initiatives.
- Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering) or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years of software development experience in design, coding and verification of embedded system.
- Experience with C / C++, UML, Python.
- Experience on Linux-based embedded system.
- Good knowledge of embedded real-time software engineering (requirement analysis, design, implementation, testing), data structures, algorithms.
- Good knowledge of MCU/MPU architecture and its common peripherals.
- Good understanding of software development life cycles (Agile) and basic electronics hardware (interface to software systems).
- Familiar with embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analysers, oscilloscopes, etc) as well as configuration management tools and concepts.
- Working knowledge of software engineering to the guidelines of IEC 61508 “Functional safety” and/or other safety standards are advantages.
- Knowledge of wireless communication technologies (e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth), software security, LabVIEW are advantages.
- Ability to demonstrate technical leadership.
- A team player with strong analytical and communication skill.
- Independent and reliable with goal and result oriented.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.