- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Senior Embedded Technician will work within NPI, applying their practical skills and experience, to produce complex parts and components required to test and develop innovative new products. Working closely with Design Engineers, this role will involve working from sketches, schematics or CAD/CAM data to create accurate and robust parts and assemblies for evaluation and testing.
- Use of a wide range of workshop equipment to produce high precision parts and assemblies using a combination of model making, fabrication and machining techniques.
- Electronics assembly, test and fault-finding.
- Electrical / electronic Test rig design and build.
- Advise on safe electrical practices .
- Work closely and communicate clearly with engineers to interpret and understand design intent for components.
- Offer advice and guidance to engineers on the most effective and efficient method to produce prototype components.
- Manage and organise the safe and effective use of NPI Haircare Laboratory to a professional standard.
- Be responsible for purchasing / replacing tools, equipment and consumables for NPI Haircare Laboratory.
- Take ownership of all health and safety aspects affecting the NPI Haircare Laboratory, including: COSHH register, risk assessments, safe working practices etc.
- Ability to manage the PAT process and ensure smooth running of this within the NPI Haircare team.
- A high degree of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Experience of working in the field of electronics.
- Ability to understand electronic / electrical schematics and engineering sketches.
- Basic PCB test and electrical system commissioning.
- Knowledge of test equipment (multi-meter, oscilloscopes, data logging, etc).
- Knowledge of mains safety methods, double insulating, grounding.
- Basic electronics design.
- Basic electrical and mechanical design and fabrication.
- A thorough and logical approach to ensure parts are produced right first time.
- Ability to work quickly and safely, under pressure from tight timescales.
- Experience of using a range of workshop machinery (including CNC and CAD/CAM equipment).
- An understanding of or experience of working with a range of materials and prototyping processes.
- Proficiency in the use of other general types of workshop equipment such as hand tools and standard lathes / mills.
- General administrative skills for record keeping, order processing, safety certification, etc.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines