- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in the complete Injection Molding field and is sought out to provide guidance on risks, resources, and opportunities regarding significant projects and technical issues throughout the Sustaining and NPI team.
- Candidates are required to obtain good communication skills and capable to reviewing and updating process specification and control the molding process activities in the assigned prime con plants.
- Provide engineering support to ongoing plastic injection molding manufacturing process and to provide solution on tooling related issue and technical requirements for new processes
- Must be a Key team player for giving solution for every issues related to plastic molding process trouble shooting, task related to tools modification, tools repair request and liaise with internal Dyson design team for tools improvement activities.
- Participate in cross-functional activities between tooling Current Support, NPI, Quality, Material and RDD team for every tooling related issues.
- Must willing to work independently and work under pressure to ensure the overall tooling performance in molders meets our daily/weekly capacity.
- Support new project development during and after tools transfer from NPI stage to SOP.
- Support during any urgent tools breakdown to review the (TRRR) Tooling Repair Request Report to understand the tools life shots, tools design constrain, DFM and tools thin steel area before propose tools improvement and conduct requires meeting presentation with the relevant Finance, RDD, Quality team for the cost and DFM approval.
- Perform Mold Design and conduct mold design review meeting based on our mold design guidelines / check list and Mold Design FMEA.
- Develop mold as per development schedule to support new product launch and ramp.
- Work with Tool room on fabrication follow up and debug issues.
- Coordinate with outside vendors for subcontracted molds for quotation, specification, review, follow up, FA closure and other technical issues.
- Transformations and Value creation activities to drive new technology and methodology and savings to effectively reduce lead time, cost and quality to create long term value for the company.
- Degree / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Plastic Technology
- Minimum 10 – 15 years of experience in Plastic Injection Molding manufacturing, Mold design and molding process development strategy.
- Posses very good knowledge on Thermoplastic Engineering material properties, Lean Manufacturing, PFMEA and Risk Analysis.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.