- Hullavington - United Kingdom
- Location details
- Hullavington Wiltshire
• Lead the PMST for Safety Systems & Commodities on Electric Vehicle platforms.
• Deliver Passive Restraint commodities within the quality, cost and timing constraints identified within the programme.
• Chair PMST cross functional meetings to deliver Passive Safety Commodities (Airbags, Seatbelts, etc.) designs in line with the engineering and programme targets (performance, cost, quality, weight etc.).
• Lead (carry out and / or oversee) CAD work associated with packaging & component engineering.
• Manage & report BoM, Financial status (piece & engineering costs), engineering releases and problem tracking status to Lead engineer and wider business.
• Lead Failure Mode Avoidance activities, QHR, FMEA, FTA etc.
• Prepare and own commodity timing plans for all activities e.g. build support, development plan, DVP test plans etc.
• Project manage the sourced supplier to deliver components that meet all Dyson engineering and programme targets.
• Mentor younger / less experienced team members, giving technical direction and workload priorities.
• Work with Safety attribute team to develop system requirements.
• Support full scale crash work with component advice.
• Support post-crash analysis activities, report and recommend actions
• 3 years + experience working with Passive Safety commodities as project or similar engineer in the automotive environment.
• Engineering first degree.
• Experience of working with Tier 1 restraints suppliers.
• Experience working in and leading cross functional teams to deliver complex commodities.
• Experience using formal problem solving methodology (e.g. 6 Sigma, 8D, PSS) to find root cause and resolve complex issues.
• Good team working skills, able to work alongside and integrate with wider commodity delivery teams.
• Mechanical engineering degree.
• Practical automotive CAD experience covering design & packaging of owned hardware.
• NX CAD competency
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Project & crash data analysis.
• Good working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times.
• Understanding of CAE processes for whole vehicle and occupant modeling.
• Familiarity with relevant worldwide restraints legislation.
•27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
•Performance related bonus
• Free on-site parking
•Discounts on Dyson machines
•Private Medical and Dental