- Competitive + benefits
- Automotive, Compliance and approvals
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
- Location details
- Hullavington, Wiltshire
- Lead the planning and delivery of vehicle compliance for the US market;
- Liaise with the Government departments to fully understand and implement the process required for compliance in the US, along with lobbying for potential legislative updates or interpretations, if required;
- Define any processes required to achieve compliance or for post-production reporting, including the US requirements defined in the TREAD act;
- Support Director-level discussions and reviews with the Chief Engineer of the company.
Provide information and guidance to all levels of engineering staff regarding compliance against the US requirements;
Develop compliance report templates for use by the engineering teams to assist with compliance testing, beginning with early concept designs.
A degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines or experience will be considered);
Experience working for an automotive OEM, technical service, type approval authority or engineering consultancy specialising in this area;
Previous experience in automotive approvals with a detailed knowledge of vehicle type approval in your market. Experience of other global markets would be a bonus;
Knowledge of NHTSA procedures for certification, including requirements defined in the TREAD act;
Proven experience of being instrumental in delivering compliance programs for the US market;
A knowledge of product liability in the US market and how it can influence vehicle design.
As a minimum, an awareness of ISO 26262 and the process to achieve Functional Safety compliance;
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Lift share scheme
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discount on Dyson machines