- Motors and Power Systems, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- United Kingdom
The Systems Engineer will develop system level architectural design and requirements for EV powertrain features.
• Liaise with project level stakeholders to develop a common understanding of the requirements for powertrain related features and functions.
• Analyse stakeholder requirements and use model based system engineering principles to produce system design solutions.
• Generate textual top level requirements and decompose to implementation level hardware and software requirements specifications.
• Develop system level integration and functional test strategy and define test specifications.
• Work with Functional Safety team to develop and ensure compliance with safety requirements.
• Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
• 3 years or more experience designing systems engineering solutions for complex interconnected systems, preferably in an automotive or aerospace environment.
• Significant hands on experience generating text based system level requirements.
• Experience of using model based system engineering principles and tools to analyse and decompose requirements.
• Experience working with powertrain supervisory control systems preferred.
• Working knowledge of embedded hardware and software.
• Experience working with safety critical systems is preferred, specifically ISO26262.
• Experience of working with formal requirement management tools such as DOORS.
• Knowledge and execution of software quality and processes such as ASPICE.
• Experience of FMEA Development and Reviews.
• Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to lead meetings with colleagues to elicit stakeholder requirements.