- Competitive + benefits
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
The Senior Engineer will create, package and release exterior glazing parts, trim and hardware components, support test and development from concept through to engineering release, working to the program milestones and timing, reporting up on cost, mass, quality and timing. They will work within the Automotive Body Exteriors team, lead engineers in design and development and manage the supplier to SOP.
- Create system and component technical specifications, ECM (Engineering Concept Matrix) and BOMs
- Define component/system level targets based a combination of program attribute targets, legal requirements, specific/generic design guidelines and industry standard/best practice
- Lead engineers in the development of designs and review packaging in X-function reviews
- Ensure failure mode avoidance (FMA) tools and processes (e.g. DFMEA) are applied to all components/systems
- Create and control the component Design Verification Plan (DVP) - both internal and supplier testing
- Support the supplier selection and manage suppliers to deliver attribute targets, milestones deliverables, parts and systems delivered on time to quality, mass and cost.
- Control the development of CAD data level maturity and compatibility via the “Virtual Series”. CAD engineers will support the system leaders. Releasing designs through TCe to agreed timing milestones.
- Lead issue resolution, change management and problem resolution tracking
- Ensure timely delivery of components to support pre-series build
- Monitor and input to quality maturation process via pre-production builds and quality sign off process. Ownership of the Final Engineering Signoff (FESO) process and documents
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
- Automotive or other relevant engineering experience.
- Ability to lead, mentor and coach team members.
- Proven experience of complete design and development programs from concept, detailed design, development and testing to final release.
- Able to interrogate CAD data and use visualisation tools, competent NX modellers will be looked upon favourably.
- Good knowledge of vehicle exteriors, best practices, requirements, materials, manufacturing, mechanical properties and failure mechanisms.
- Experience of DVP, D&PFMEA, DFM, GD&T, APQP and methodical problem resolution.
- PC literacy, MS Project, excel, power point, word etc.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally, to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, take on new challenges, possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude
- Excellent team-working skills, able to learn quickly and integrate into a successful and dynamic team.
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Lift share scheme
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discount on Dyson machines
And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.