- Automotive, Electronics, Energy storage, Motors and Power Systems
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The BMS Engineer role will involve:
• Design Lithium-Ion battery management systems for Electric Vehicle products
• Create full specification of the BMS (h/w and s/w)
• Design interface to VCM and other related components with BMS
• Ensure battery management systems meet regulatory and company requirements for safety
• Request cell characterization for BMS software fitting
• Estimate cell performance and degradation
• Develop SOX (s/w development for estimation of state of capacity, health and power)
• Test and Validate the BMS (h/w and s/w, including model based validation work)
• Support supplier production quality
• Solve engineering and field issues
• Design and Develop an in-house BMS
• Develop new battery management system for emerging cell technologies
• Research new technologies and investigate ways of incorporating the technologies into future products.
Education and experience:
• Minimum BEng/MEng degree in Electronic Engineering or other relevant discipline with a demonstrable level of industrial experience in a relevant industry.
Minimum technical knowledge:
• Design of Battery Management Systems for Electric Vehicles.
o Battery application experience specifically with regard to safety systems and determining system parameters. o In-depth knowledge of Lithium-Ion technology.
o Device selection - Interpretation of datasheets and knowledge of design methods to confidently select the lowest cost devices while achieving reliability targets.
o Good understanding of how to conduct high currents and high voltage in cables, connectors and PCBs.
o Design techniques to meet EMC requirements.
o Excellent knowledge of the specification, selection and testing of EV battery pack components.
• Design Tools: o Schematic tools o Simulation tools o Calculation tools.
• Design Techniques:
o Circuit simulation and design tolerance analysis
o Good quality engineering process understanding and appreciation
o Design for high volume manufacture
o PCB layout – size/cost minimisation while achieving layouts for inherently good EMC compliance and thermal design
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discounts on Dyson machines