- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Motors and Power Systems
- Singapore - Singapore
The engineer will join the growing simulation and analysis team within Motors & Power Systems to apply their skills and experience in simulation to invent the next generation of Dyson Motor technologies that enhance the company’s technical advantage in existing and future products. He/she will carry out FEA/CFD simulation models and develop analytical methods along with dedicated experimentation to verify findings. This will provide insight into various aspects of motor design to help drive motor projects from initial conception, through the various technology readiness levels, and finally into production. The team is looking for a candidate with simulation knowledge in any of the following areas: Aerodynamics, Acoustics, Thermal, Structural. Experience in turbomachinery design would be beneficial.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different.
Provide, co-ordinate and support Simulation team within the Motors group and across RDD:
- Drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process.
Focus on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products.
Experience in driving new concepts from design to analysis to validation via prototype testing.
Utilize simulation (CFD and/or FEA) and other analytical tools to improve and enhance the current Dyson motor technology for next generation products.
Analyse results, summarise findings and communicate these solutions to project teams, including senior managers and directors.
Liaise with development and research teams to ensure effective transfer of technology into future product range.
Identify potential research areas which would benefit from new technology development.
- A first degree in Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering/Noise and Vibration/ or equivalent (Doctorate would be an advantage)
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, model and provide critical insights into complex physical phenomena such as aerodynamic performance, noise, vibration, vibro-acoustics and aero-acoustics, thermal management.
- Fundamental knowledge in one or more of the areas: structural dynamics, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, strength of materials, vibro- or aero- acoustics
- Experience in using simulation analysis software such as ANSYS, Nastran, Abaqus would be advantageous
- Strong understanding of experimental techniques, particularly with regard to pressure, Temperature, flow, vibration and acoustic measurement
- Experience and understand of rotating machinery design is preferred
- A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative.
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- A proven structured approach to creative problem solving.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.