- Amsterdam - The Netherlands
Our philosophy remains the same as it was 27 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking. At Dyson we constantly strive to find more pioneering ways to solve everyday problems.
About the roleIn this role based in Amsterdam you will report into the Benelux Head of Finance and play an essential role in making sure that sales across all channels in the market continue to grow and be more profitable. The role has significant exposure to leadership in the market. The primary responsibility will be to work in partnership with key members of the sales teams to drive the markets growth strategy and measure performance through insightful analysis.
- • Business partner with the sales team on commercial planning to forecast sales by channel and category for market LEs and demand planning. Quantify risks and opportunities, and proactively support identification and development of mitigation plans.
- • Own the tracking of rebates and promotions, ensuring accruals are accurately captured and reviewed against performance criteria. Support DBS with the clearing of deductions and lead the pay out reviews, working in partnership with the sales team on customer communications relating to rebates and promotions.
- • Proactively manage the availability of customer credit by sharing latest sales forecasts and deductions (working with DBS) with the customer credit team.
- • Lead the process relating to customer setup and masterdata management, liaising with the sales team and directly with the customer to obtain critical data and providing this to DBS for account creation/maintenance.
- • Support the Head of Finance with objective financial modelling and scenario analysis that supports sound commercial decision making in relation to customer relationships, 3rd party retail stores investments and direct channel expansion.
- • Establish promotional governance process to apply pricing corridors in the direct channel on key promotional events.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues; a team player and proven business partner who can motivate and influence others.
- Energetic and engaging with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude; a problem solver.
- Competent and confident when presenting information, in particular when presenting financial information to senior non-finance stakeholders. Can clearly communicate the story of the numbers.
- Excellent analytical ability - comfortable assimilating and interpreting data and information to draw out meaningful insight and conclusions, and capable of using this to influence decision making.
- Demonstrable financial planning capability at both the short term results-focused level and the longer term strategic view.
- Able to challenge all areas of activity, especially elements that ‘have always been done’ and recommend new approaches to meet financial objectives.
- Assertive, decisive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections - and yet flexible around change and comfortable with ambiguity; a quick and agile learner.
- 29 days holiday(+ public holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Private Medical and Dental
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.