- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the roleThe Senior Finance Analyst – Direct Sales role offers an excellent opportunity to be subject matter expert for this critical financial control function, working with high volume and high value data, where integrity and attention to detail are critical.
The is a key point of expertise for both the business and a team of reconciliation specialists ensuring the accurate and timely application of direct consumer payments, identifying and resolving revenue leakage and ensuring strategic business projects are supported globally.
Systems and Process expertise is critical to this role, both understanding and owning the end to end direct sales (business to consumer) and providing support to Dyson teams in an area of significant growth is key.
The role is responsible for the following:
Process Design, Performance and Governance
- Own relationship with BlackLine by keeping up to date with all latest developments and releases, attending webinars, analysing opportunities, summarising and communicating them to the team
- Supporting Financial Control Manager in decision making for further enhancements and change requests, providing expertise
- Be a point of contact between Direct sales Team and BlackLine Technical support desk, logging & tracking incident tickets, assisting in implementation of changes
- Be responsible for testing of changes in BlackLine sandbox, performing regular maintenance and scheduled refreshes
- Create and maintain BlackLine matching rules & matchsets
- Import & maintain datasets from PSPs (payment Service Providers)
- Perform Data validation & analyse match rates
- Maintain various tables in BlackLine, manage alerts
- Provide SME assistance to Direct Team, with oversight of all BlackLine technical queries from the team
- Retain oversight of overall processes by continuously updating Failed capture documentation with latest changes
- Develop, align & implement processes for manual capture of payments across different markets
- Book & track CRs (Change Requests) for the faults identified during monthly review of Failed Capture statistics & reports
- Support Revenue Leakage Analyst providing SME knowledge in identifying reasons for failures
- Contribute in conversations regarding set-up of new Markets, channels or PSPs with assessment of proposals from Failed Capture activity point of view
- Provide Direct Sales expertise in various forums like: Payment Governance Group, FCoE/Retail alignment, Profit Protection, Retail Ops etc., assessing impact of new proposals on Direct Sales reconciliation & Failed Capture activities
- Chair specialist forums, keeping ownership of issues raised and updating stakeholders on progress
- Driving change and improvements by raising & tracking CRs (Change Requests)
- Creating and reviewing BRDs, providing sign-off from Direct
- Driving process of standardisation of Direct processes across different markets, PSPs & channels
- Liaising with 3rd parties (PSPs), keeping current with timing and impact of all latest developments
- Co-ordinating and reviewing BVT (Business Validation Testing) within the Direct Sales Team
- Provide SME expertise at a high level (unusual incidents) for the BAU with team, coaching team members
- Projects – assessing impact and rolling changes out into BAU
- Implementing and monitoring controls like Credit risk policy (WIP), liaising with stakeholders and putting in place credit limits for Marketplaces
- Maintaining a network of contacts withing the business (RACI)
- Supporting Financial Control Manages by providing regular updates on forthcoming changes and flagging up escalation points
Transition of processes
- Participate in detail design of processes to be transitioned to the centre.
- Oversee transition ensuring work is transitioned timely and in line with expectations.
- Ensure effective stabilisation of processes transitioned.
People and Culture:
- Cultivate Dyson culture and values of being Different, Authentic, Pioneering.
- Build trusting relationships with Finance stakeholders.
- Ensure on-going training for teams.
- Champion culture of continuous improvement and reward individual and team successes.
- Extensive experience of a direct (business to consumer) retailer end to end Omni channel processes.
- Strong technology/applications understandings in end to end Omni-channel retailers (CRM , Web, Stores, SAP S4)
- Extensive knowledge of accounting, reporting and analysis, acquired through related work experience in increasingly complex roles.
- Lean or Six Sigma Certification a plus.
- Capable of directing the resolution of complex or unusual business problems while applying advanced analytical thought and judgment.
- Ability to analyse financial and operating statistics and provide meaningful feedback.
- Highly motivated, deadline driven, and ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing).
- Have the ability to motivate and encourage a productive working environment
- Comfortable working with senior leadership.
- Working in a fast-paced team environment with high volume activities and changing priorities.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.