- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is a large multinational technology company with a turnover of over $3bn and a global staff of over 12,000.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. Our inventiveness and attention to excellence in everything we do extend into all of our business areas.
AccountabilitiesThe Global Overheads team supports a number of business functions in Dyson Group (IT, Commercial, IT, Estates etc.). The team is developing its remit across a number of areas such as global function support and reporting, increasing support of Senior Leadership Teams through our business partners, improved cost control, closer working relationships with HR and Procurement, improved allocations models, more detailed reporting etc.
The ability to do this effectively, efficiently and quickly is impacted by three key areas:
- Quality and efficiency of processes
- Volume of query management required from our business areas
- PO compliance
- Supporting various process improvement efforts across the team
- Implementing an effective query management process in the team, with supporting materials/training for business areas on how best to utilise finance time
- Helping to define PO Compliance process and produce training materials for our business areas to provide a sound base understanding and reference materials
- Part-qualified (or qualified) accountant
- Detail orientated
- Process minded and always driving for improvements. Experience of process improvement is essential
- Good working knowledge of PO processes (raising POs, approvals, goods receipting, invoice receipting and impact on financials)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- High levels of integrity
- Strong technical skills especially in Excel and Financial Systems
- Ability to build working relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Proactive approach to a business
- Flexible in approach with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills