- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We’ve also put the Dyson Supersonic in over 10,000 of the world’s most luxurious hotel rooms and demonstrate Dyson technology to millions of potential customers every day. Dyson Sales + Service is our channel for local market contact centres around the world.
The primary responsibility of the Channel FP&A team is to lead governance and reporting for the global channel portfolio, supporting senior executives to plan, analyse and comprehend the financial impact of our channel strategies.
About the roleYou will report to the Senior Finance Manager for Professional and Sales+Service Channels.
The role will collaborate with business and financial stakeholders, across group and market levels, to (i) drive channel governance, (ii) provide global Professional, Sales + Service performance reporting and performance insights that influence how we operate commercially (iii) build market finance channel reporting capability, as well as (iv) collaborate on building new channel models and ways of working.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of channel financial and operational performances across key review processes.
- Provide commentary and insights on key drivers of financial variances for Professional and Sales+Service channels, including risks & opportunities.
- Ensure the completeness and integrity of these global channel P&Ls through ongoing audits and market collaboration.
- Liaising with the finance teams across all regions globally to understand performance drivers and consolidating these to provide insight to the SLT and Group team. Collaborating with finance teams globally to enhance reporting and controls.
- Support projects to improve channel reporting quality, including the improvement of channel cost-allocation rules and minimizing of accounting inconsistencies across channels.
- Respond to management and financial information requests in a timely fashion, while maintaining a high standard of accuracy.
- Drive ad-hoc projects and initiatives where required.
- Qualified Accountant, ideally 2yr PQE (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Excellent analytical ability – comfortable assimilating and interpreting data and information to draw out meaningful insight and conclusions, and capable of using this to influence decision making.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to influence and interpret financial information to provide insight to senior management.
- Ability to understand and apply key accounting principles.
- Ability to work under pressure while delivering timely and quality work.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues; a team player and proven business partner.
- IT skills: Strong working knowledge of Excel, experience with SAP and Tableau would be beneficial; demonstrable willingness to learn Onestream, SAP ERP and Salesforce.com (training provided).
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.