- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better.We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams,we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth. From our Finance and Security teams, through to Legal, Communications and our People function, we’re focused on deliveringan unsurpassed service across the entire business.
Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle. The team provides control and stability, which enables our family-owned business to be agile,adapt to constant change and focus on growth. Integrated across our global business, the team delivers data and strategy, sharper insight and forecasting that supports commercial decision-making to shape our future.
About the role
This is a new role created in the Group finance systems team, reporting into the Head of Finance Systems, with responsibility for maintaining and enhancing Dyson’s commercial planning tool. An agile system aligned to the way Dyson makes decisions is critical to our business.
As Senior Finance Manager, you will drive the integrity and flexibility in our systems “as is”,and help set the direction and pace of strategic change that supports business needs now and in the future.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Commercial Planning solution product owner
- Lead technical subject matter experts on the Anaplan system supporting both BAU use of the system and continuous improvement
- Assisting on Project Luna - the implementation of the new commercial tool. To both assist in the development of the new tool and also share the knowledge with the wider finance systems team to ensure data consistency and streamlined integration
- Pro-actively engage with the markets, Supply chain and demand planning to properly understand requirements and propose the right solutions
- Execution of the strategy for commercial planning as lead SME
- Ownership of technical and user process documentation for Anaplan/ commercial planning solution
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Strong business partnering experience with senior stakeholders
- Strong Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Solid accounting skills, diligent and accurate
- Experience of running and performing budgeting or forecasting processes
- Significant Commercial planning knowledge
- Strong logical mind-set and approach to problem solving
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Good PowerPoint skills
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent analytical ability with a great attention to detail
- A team player with a positive, ‘will do’ attitude and the ability to be flexible yet have a disciplined approach
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present plans to support business decisions
- Determined and assertive, prepared to get into the detail to understand the complexity of commercial planning across all global Dyson entities
- Mature and robust personality
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise workload and ability to work to strict reporting deadlines
- Flexible in approach with strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- An aptitude and strong appetite to develop systems and processes in order to drive efficiencies and benefit the business
- The ability to work to strict reporting deadlines
- Drive and resilience to see complex and time intensive projects through to execution
- High levels of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly understand and put into practice complex ideas and processes
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Private Medical and Dental
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.