- Singapore - Singapore
The Operations Finance Team is the core finance business partners for Dyson’s Operations functions including Global Manufacturing and Procurement and Global Logistics. The team work with these functions to assist them in delivering key operation objectives. These include among other things, the exploration of growth initiatives, financial planning and analysis of day to day operation activities and providing solutions to operational issues as and when they occur. The team’s goal is to develop and maintain a flexible and collaborative working relationship with the stakeholders to achieve all common objectives of the Operation Function.
About the roleThe Senior Finance Manager – CM Operations partners with the Ops Commercial Function and will lead in providing financial support on all Contract Manufacturer (CM) related matters. This includes providing inputs into the decisions making process on product allocation to CMs, supporting the development of the CM strategy, leading financial audits of CMs and driving cost down through challenging cost issues raised by the CMs and proactively engagement in pushing for cost recovery from CMs.
From time to time, the incumbent will also work on ad hoc analysis together with the Operations functions to identify new opportunities for Dyson. This will include but not limited to preparation of feasibility studies of new manufacturing location, cost analysis of new contract manufacturer etc. The incumbent will use his/her financial knowledge and operation experience to formulate clear analysis to senior management team in Dyson for key decision-making.
The role is highly visible in the Dyson Ops and RDD organisation and allows the incumbent a great opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of Dyson Operations Business. The role reports into the Head of Finance – Operations and have 1 direct report.
- Business Partner with Ops Commercial to provide finance support involving the CMs
- Business Partner with OPS Commercial to drive optimal product allocation strategies
- Formulate analysis for non-material cost of sales to support decision making including moulding, manufacturing lean activity, contribution, labour costs, paint processing
- Work with stakeholders to identify cost savings initiatives to drive down non material costs elements within product costs
- Provide CM negotiation support to Ops Commercial with data, scenario analysis/mapping for non material costs matters (e.g labour costs, overtime management, manufacturing lean activities, underutilisation treatment etc.)
- Lead in the management of Other Cost of Sales (OCOS) spend
- Lead regular financial risk assessments of CMs
- Oversee the control environment relating to write offs and rework processes
- Prepare ad hoc analysis to support commercial / strategic initiatives involving CMs
- Review of key processes to drive process improvements
- MBA, Qualified Accountant or equivalent post graduate qualification with experience in financial planning, analysis and/or strategy.
- At least 10 to 12 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in rigorous financial analysis and comfortable with large database
- Excellent analytical ability and Excel spreadsheet skills
- Ability to understand concepts and ideas quickly and model data in meaningful ways
- Naturally Inquisitive - comfortable and willing to interrogate existing process/systems with large and incomplete data but accepts that not every query has an exact answer
- Proactive in proposing ideas to challenge status quo
- Flexible and adaptable to a constant changing environment
- Ability to remain calm and independent when faced with sensitive and difficult situations
- Experience in a manufacturing environment an advantage
- Experience in working across functions and cultures
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills, in particular the presentation of financial information to non-finance managers and directors
- Assertive and able to influence upwards and peers
- Good spoken & written English
- Has strong sense of operational discipline and ability to meet deadlines
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.