- Singapore - Singapore
Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle. The team provides control and stability, which enables our family-owned business to be agile, adapt to constant change and focus on growth.
About the roleThis is a key role in the RDD, Category and Operations Finance team with the Senior Stakeholders in Singapore. The Senior Finance Manager role is responsible for business partnering Quality and Sustainability. There are three key parts to the role:
- Overhead management for Quality and Sustainability
- Understanding the cost of quality
- Leading investment appraisal analysis for Sustainability investments.
- Develop the Quality and Sustainability business partner role to understand the cost of quality and the Sustainability cost benefit analysis.
- Work closely with the Operations business partner to understand the financial implications of Quality decisions.
- Manage business cases for Sustainability investment appraisal activities and support decision making investment decision,
- Manage the annual budget process for Quality and Sustainability and provide insightful budget packs that drive valuable discussion around our cost base.
- Manage the quarterly cost reviews with insightful, standardised reporting packs for Quality and Sustainability
- Provide the monthly presentation of Global overhead financial performance, full year forecasts and budget variances including understanding financial opportunities and risk
- To ensure accurate and timely financial commentary is prepared that provides the best insight into our key overhead drivers
- To deliver ready-to-use, Executive-level deliverables presenting key Financial information in an accessible way for non-Finance Senior audience
- Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges with project teams and other stakeholders, getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can feedback relevant insights
- Drive efficiencies wherever possible.
- Strong Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with 7+ years of PQE
- Ability to deliver complex analysis in a very accessible, structured way to Executive stakeholders
- Solid accounting skills, diligent and accurate
- Experience of running and performing budgeting or forecasting processes
- Proven track record of reporting to Senior stakeholders
- Ability to produce high quality output with minimal oversight while meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent Excel skills, including being comfortable with pivots, advanced formulae and charting
- Advanced PowerPoint skills and high level of attention to detail
- Excellent analytical mind while being able to understand materiality and focus efforts where it matters most
- Determined and assertive, prepared to get into detailed interactions with regional or functional stakeholders to understand the complex cost drivers of our business
- Mature and robust personality
- Strong business partnering skills and collaboration across cross functional teams.
- Ideally has business partnering experience with customer service teams on warranty cost and analysis of impact to business
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.#LI-DYSON
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.