- SGD Competitive Salary
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson Automotive is a strategically significant category that is new and key to Dyson’s future growth. The programme is evolving and expanding rapidly and this role provides an opportunity to be involved at the early stages; building, developing and changing the way things are done as we strive to do things differently and better, solving problems and aiming to make people’s lives easier.
Your role will be strategically important with interaction with senior stakeholders as you partner with the Commercial team as Senior Commercial Finance Manager, ensuring that sufficient financial rigour is applied to key decision making. You will instill your existing experience to support the strategic thinking and commercial outlook for the category and act as an integral part of shaping how Dyson Automotive goes to market. Working with different functions across the business, this is a highly visible role that represents a great opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of Dyson.
• Support informed decision-making throughout the company by ensuring high data quality & integrity, building reports & dashboards, and conducting analyses on warehoused historical data.
• Partner with the EV Commercial team to establish and deliver the Commercial Strategy for the EV
• Support EV strategy and business planning, including: range planning, pricing, product strategy, and development of business model & go to market strategy.
• Support sales and operational planning processes: oversee category demand, supply and capacity planning and ensure they are aligned with financial forecasts
• Deliver financial support and coaching to EV teams.
• High degree of collaboration with cross-functional teams within the UK and global headquarters in the Singapore
• Drive for continual process improvement, be proactive and thought provoking in supporting decision making.
• Support Commercial improvement projects
• Share category knowledge, learning & insight back to markets
Fulfill other duties as required
• Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
• Fix things that need fixing
• Identify problems and find solutions
Experience and Education
• A minimum 8 years of relevant, extensive and hands-on experience in rigorous financial analysis and comfortable with large databases
• Experience in an automotive, retail, manufacturing or engineering start up environment an advantage
• MBA, Full/Part Qualified Accountant or equivalent post graduate qualification with experience in financial planning, analysis and/or strategy.
• Experience in working across functions and cultures and dealing with overseas entities
• Proven strategic thinking
• Determined to identify solutions and be prepared to overcome obstacles to follow through plans to completion; focused on delivery
• Ability to communicate complex ideas simply
• Process focus and detail oriented
• Ability to tell a story with data, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
• Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills (written, oral, and across Microsoft Office Suite)
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Excellent analytical ability and Excel spreadsheet skills
• Ability to understand concepts and ideas quickly and model data in meaningful ways
• Naturally Inquisitive - comfortable and willing to interrogate existing systems with large amounts of data for answers but accepts that not every query has an exact answer
• Proactive in proposing ideas to challenge status quo
• Assertive and able to influence upwards and peers
• Different: embracing innovation; seeing opportunities where others see problems; challenging convention.
• Authentic: always acting with integrity, empathy and respect towards Dyson people, owners, partners and products; working collaboratively and inclusively
across teams; putting our customers at the centre of our decisions.
• Better: embracing change to stay ahead of the competition; making decisions and taking actions that protect Dyson’s long-term reputation; tenacious in delivering our best to get the right result, in the right way.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.