- Salary will be based upon experience and credentials.
- Chicago - USA
The role sits within a Finance Centre of Excellence hub based in Chicago, responsible for the USA market. The role could require travel. The role is responsible for timely and accurate delivery of Month End and related Financial Accounting requirements for the markets.
- Responsible for accurate and timely close for the US Market, free from any material misstatements.
- Delivery of P+L and provide understanding of performance drivers to market Finance teams, being able to highlight key movements, supported by further analysis.
- Delivery of FCoE reports & KPIs in line with the FCoE/Market SLA.
- Safeguard Dyson financials via application of accounting policies, guidelines.
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring high quality is maintained.
- Review and accountability for monthly cash flow forecast submission, being able to communicate key drivers and any subsequent variances.
- Lead quarterly Balance Sheet review with key internal stakeholders highlighting risks, opportunities and areas of focus.
- Complete and update the Customer Board Pack commentary and metrics, ensuring it is relevant and informative to drive valuable discussion.
- Hold subject matter expertise.
- Own the local relationship with 3rd party provider and ensure excellent service is delivered to Dyson and its markets
- Ensure the annual Statutory Accounts, annual Tax submission and any local tax requirements are prepared and submitted in line with deadlines.
- Oversee year end external audit requirements.
- Be the link between all FCoE areas and the market.
- Co-ordinate any changes impacting markets and communicate what these changes are, how they will impact stakeholders and any future requirements.
- Partnering FD / Director of Financial Control Americas in each market, delivering a best in class Financial Operations service.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the markets (Commercial Finance teams).
- Line management of Senior Accountant and Tax & Accounting Manager, coaching and stretching to fulfil their potential, supporting career development.
- Ensure knowledge of markets and the wider Dyson business is current, keeping up with any changes across the business.
- Work at the same pace as Dyson, understanding any changes impacting FCoE and effectively addressing / embedding them in a timely manner.
- Fulfil any other ad hoc responsibilities as directed by the Director of Financial Control Americas or CFO Americas.
SkillsWhat you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 7+ years experience in accounting required, with at least 5 years in a management/leadership role
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Prior experience in month end close and project management
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of coaching and stakeholder management
- Ability to organise and prioritise in a fast paced environment
- Proactive approach with great problem solving skills
- Highly motivated to achieve results
- Proactively highlights and progresses solutions for issues identified
- Good team player: capable of working effectively with finance and non-finance managers