- Motors and Power Systems, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- United Kingdom
We are expanding our embedded firmware team and are seeking an individual to join us. You must be fluent in the C programming language and be equally comfortable with high-level design and abstraction as with implementation, testing and debugging of code.
• Developing real time embedded software for our world leading Dyson Digital Motors and product control systems.
• Working closely with our motors system and hardware team to bring motor systems to life.
• Participating in code and design review activities.
• Documenting software requirements, design and implementation.
• Working with hardware, mechanical and other engineering disciplines to solve complex system level problems.
• Taking full ownership of software components driving their design, development and validation through to mass volume production.
• Collaborate with development and production teams in UK and South East Asia.
• Degree in engineering or numerate discipline or equivalent industry experience.
• At least 5 years professional experience in a relevant industry
• Experience in bare-metal low level microcontroller software development.
• Strong background in real time embedded C.
• A good understanding of basic hardware and its interface with software systems.
• Software configuration management (source control, continuous integration, etc).
• Ability to plan and estimate development tasks
• Experience with software verification strategies including unit testing.
• Team leadership experience
• Needs to drive best practise.
• Experience of Python programming
• Knowledge of control systems
• Experience of planning and working within an Agile Framework