- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
The Senior HR Advisor role is a true generalist role and provides a great opportunity for an experienced HR professional who is keen to develop their business partnering skills within a fast paced and expanding environment. This role will be matrixed reporting; with the direct reporting line to a remote global HR Business Partner who is based in the UK, and a matrixed reporting line to the site global HR business lead for Malaysia. The role will also have the opportunity to work working amongst a strong HR group based in Malaysia and operating within a wider global team. You will be exposed to global working on a large scale, and have the opportunity to demonstrate collaboration over multiple regional and organisational cultures, challenging your HR skills.
The role will partner with senior leaders at Head of level, but due to location be exposed, and sometimes required to deliver up to Director level and possibly above. Due to these complexities, the role requires considerable adaptability to enable you to be effective whilst jumping between different demands and different challenges. You will have to be resilient and able to work with ambiguity, facilitating line managers to identify key people issues and support their HR requirements. They must also be a keen influencer, driving the business strategy but challenging back to the HR world where appropriate.
AccountabilitiesThe Senior HR Advisor will work with business leaders and team members within the business and deliver HR support in a proactive manner to a team of over 500+. The HRBP will collaborate within the wider HR team of Business Partners, HR Shared Services, Recruitment and Talent Development to deliver HR solutions which are fully aligned with the business strategy. The role will require the individual to maintain a fine balance between strategy and operations.
- Demonstrate strong professional credibility and build relationship as a trusted advisor with managers and leaders in Dyson Malaysia.
- Work within the Global HR Business Partner team and the broader business to identify and develop HR priorities within the business strategy.
- Work closely with the Global HR Business Partner for the function to support end to end organizational change that will improve the overall business performance.
- Lead and support the talent agenda for Dyson Malaysia, by working in partnership with the business and the talent team.
- Work closely with the relevant HR Centres of Excellence and the HR Business Partnering teams to define, deliver and measure Dyson’s culture and engagement initiatives for Dyson Malaysia.
- Have the ability to quick grasp a clear understanding of the recruitment needs for Dyson Malaysia. Working closely with the Global HR Business Partner, recruitment teams and hiring managers to hire the appropriate talent efficiently.
- Provide inputs to the Global HR Business Partners on reward and benefits requirements to ensure that they do not impact our ability to attract and retain talent.
- Working with the HR Operations teams to ensure that all MI is updated and is accessible on relevant systems.
- Support business initiatives through participating in multi-function and multi-geographical project teams as required.
- Progressive experience in the HR generalist space (preferably 5 years +)
- Has worked within a matrix environment and structure within a global organization
- Experience of working in a technology organization – R&D/ Manufacturing Operations would be desirable
- Experienced in Employee/Industrial Relations to a level where they can independently, but competently coach and guide managers through complex cases
- Experience of working within an entrepreneurial organisation would be desirable
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience of working within a global/international organization.
- Experience of working with Work Day (preferable)
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Commercial awareness
- Project management skills
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Coaching skills and a passion for developing people
- Strong business acumen
- Strong OD skills
- An understanding of change management both operationally and strategically
- A problem solver
- Strong starter who drives things to logical conclusion
- Has impact, gravitas and credibility with HR colleagues and leaders at all levels
- Comfortable challenging status quo
- Results driven
- Able to generate innovative HR solutions
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Strong team player
- Ability to think on your feet
- Open, practical and pragmatic
- Ability to work autonomously with a remote manager
- Not being afraid to challenge and always seek the best