- Singapore - Singapore
The role reports into the Director HR Business Partnering, Global Engineering & Ops at Dyson.
About the role
- Build a strong and trusted relationship with your heads of and Directors.
- Ensure the people dimension is fully integrated into the business strategies and plans.
- Ensure strategies are in place to tackle key people risks and challenges over the short and longer term.
- Work closely with your business Director to spot opportunities for organisational change or transformation which will improve business performance. Take joint responsibility with the business head to plan and deliver the change.
- Drive delivery of an effective organisation that is fit for purpose. Lead strategic expansion initiatives for the functions you partner with.
- Coach, challenge and influence senior leadership to develop the organisational capability required to enable delivery of business strategy; anticipate the changing needs of the business and drive the active management and development of talent.
- Lead the talent agenda for your business, understanding the key talent, their strengths and development needs and actively participate in talent management discussions with the business teams working in partnership with the talent teams. Facilitate the flow of talent through the business.
- Champion and manage core processes including performance, annual salary reviews and personal development planning and ensure that leaders have the skills and capability to maximise the value of the process.
- Have a deep understanding of business resourcing plans. Work closely with the local recruitment team, hiring managers and leaders to ensure Dyson recruits the best and hits it’s headcount targets.
- Take an active role in the budget planning to develop rationale for future years headcount, taking into consideration Organisational Design and future business plans.
- Ensure management information is up to date and accessible as appropriate including Talent Management information and Succession plans. Contribute to relevant HR KPIs and reports for your business areas.
- Provide advice, consultancy and counsel on HR policy and practice. Apply relevant and pragmatic judgement to deliver sensible business outcomes leveraging local and group legal advice where necessary.
- Support the development of junior business partners and team members in their growth.
- Be an active contributor to wider HR strategy for Global Engg & Ops and for global RDD & Operations, understanding the objectives of other HR teams, collaborating with country HR Leaders to ensure consistency with regional requirements and in brokering support for operational issues locally. Share knowledge and best practice. Ensure that everything you do is in line with the overall Dyson HR philosophy.
- Act as a creative problem solver. Challenge practices if you believe there are better ways of doing things and inspire others to do the same, fixing things that need fixing, identifying solutions.
- Extensive generalist HR experience
- Experience of working as a strategic business partner
- Has worked within matrix organisations and structures and within a global organisation.
- Experience of working with or within entrepreneurial, engineering or technology organisations would be desirable
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Commercial awareness
- Project management skills
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Coaching skills and a passion for developing people
- Strong business acumen
- Strong OD skills
- An understanding of change management both operationally and strategically
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.