- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge –more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
- Own the look and feel of Dyson's products.
- Develop innovative and user-centric solutions in every step of the product development process.
- Involved in all stages of design from concept to production.
- Support Design and Product Experience reviews with senior stakeholders.
- Willing to challenge assumptions and bring the ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas to the unique problems associated to achieving ‘best-in-class’ design.
- Zoom-in and sweat the intricate details of the design while still keeping the overall design intent in mind.
- Utilise digital and physical tools (models, physical rigs, renderings, 2D prints) to validate design solutions.
- Quickly visualise multiple design solutions at a very hi-resolution.
- Develop refined 3D surfaces for rendering, model building, and production.
- Collaborate with our global network of designers and engineers.
- Direct prototyping resource to accurately demonstrate and communicate solutions.
- A degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, or equivalent.
- Proven experience of hands-on design experience.
- Proven experience in developing products from concept to production.
- Incredibly skilled in sketching, form development, 3D surface quality, and 3D modelling.
- Highly skilled in 3D CAD applications (NX, Rhino, Alias, Solidworks, etc).
- Experienced in rendering software (Keyshot, VRed, etc).
- Proficient in 2D design software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, etc).
- Excellent communicator with the ability to clearly present ideas both verbally and visually.
- Assertive and diplomatic – a great collaborator and receptive of constructive criticism.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.