- Bristol - United Kingdom
Reporting to the Research and UX OE Lead, this role is based in Dyson’s Owner Experience team, who are responsible for innovation and excellence across commercial cross-channel journeys. The role also works closely with Dyson’s Digital Experience Team, as part of an agile process collaborating with stakeholders across the business.
The Digital Experience team work directly on Dyson’s main digital channels to deliver seamless experiences that instil consumer understanding of and confidence in our machines, distinct commercial benefits to the business, and ultimately enhance Dyson’s reputation as a leading technology company.
You will be working closely with UX researchers and UX designers to ensure the content strategy is user centred so the right content is delivered at the right time. When delivering formalised design artefacts, you will work as part of a scrum team in the Digital Experience team, as part of our delivery process. You must be confident in your approach to IA, understanding the underlying structure of cross-channel experiences and how they affect multiple audiences. You will be adept at balancing user experience with technology, commercial and time requirements, and must be able to think strategically about the impact and application of IA and content strategy.
You will be expected to gather insight from a variety of quantitative and qualitative sources, knowing the right research to undertake should there be any gaps. Your portfolio will demonstrate that you use an evidence based approach to any recommendations you make, and you must advocate testing at all stages of your process.
You will be able to articulate your ideas clearly and collaboratively, and be confident enough to stand by your methodology. You will understand the importance of working as one team, and allow experience from different disciplines to enhance and guide your ideas.
Dyson are looking for someone who is truly passionate about creating robust foundations for our market leading experiences. This is an opportunity to work in an innovative, incredibly fast-paced environment where you will have the opportunity to have a direct impact on our digital experience, working on exciting new digital projects that bring together our latest technology and designs.
We are looking for candidates with a genuine passion for IA, content, user experience and cross-channel digital experiences.
- IA design, mapping and content strategy for a variety of digital channels
- Close collaboration with senior stakeholders and other channel leads to deliver consistent, relevant experiences
- Mentoring and supporting the wider team on IA practice
- Clearly communicate design intent
- Advocacy for and contribution to Agile software design practice
- Collaborating with designers to provide a scalable user experience
- Accurately scoping and delivering work to an exceptional standard, with military precision
- Collation of research and insight and production of associated artefacts
- Scoping of related trials and research activity, including discussion plans, observation and reports
- Presentations to major stakeholders and ownership of core journeys per project
- Establishing content and information architecture strategy
- Research and testing to inform Information Architecture (IA) design
- IA strategy
- Content auditing
- Content modelling
- Content strategy
- Journey mapping, IA notation, wire flows, etc
- Surveys and analysis
- Accurate estimation of time and budgets
- Requirements gathering through facilitation of workshops and interviews
- Worked as part of an agile delivery team
- Extensive experience within the digital design or mobile apps industry
- Use of Sketch, Axure
- Use of Optimal Workshop or equivalent online research tools
- Analytics (e.g. Google, Appsee, Adobe)
- Acted as project lead for the delivery of large content strategy or IA design
- International research
- Understanding of web, native app development and other digital technologies
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines