- £Competitive + bonus + package
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced, intuitive communicator to join Dyson’s global internal communications team and deliver a programme of internal communications which inspires and engages our people globally. This role is instrumental in keeping people across Dyson on-top of our Blueprint (our annual strategy), sharing stories that feed our culture, and communicating news both good and bad.
We cherish the culture and philosophy instilled by James Dyson, the Dyson family, and our inventive engineers, while constantly tuning our approach for the reality of a complex, rapidly growing, global business. We need someone who is not afraid to challenge the norm, who can distil a message, and who pulls off the odd magic trick. They will need to be confident and quick thinking, guiding our most senior leaders and our people through daily challenges, while planning for the future.
- Reporting to the Global Head of Internal Communications, you will manage Dyson’s internal communications and employee engagement programme to inspire our people about Dyson’s technology, philosophy, leadership, performance and culture.
- You will develop and execute our internal communications plan – calendar, content and platforms of communication – Including intranet updates, newsletters and monthly events.
- You will provide daily counsel to our most senior leaders on the messaging for organisation-wide announcements and longer term horizon scanning – helping them share news in a factual, enjoyable way with our people globally.
- You will develop and implement new digital channels and devise a global approach to internal communications measurement.
- You will work closely with our HR team on employee engagement initiaitves that champion Dyson’s people agenda.
- You will work hand-in-hand with our Head of South East Asia Communications to ensure we have consistent internal communications across our main sites. And you will work with our communications teams globally to ensure messages reach all our people.
- Lead a small team of internal communications specialists, with responsibility for their weekly priorities, quarterly objectives and longer term career development.
SkillsSkills & Competencies
- Internal Communications: Experience of managing internal communications and employee engagement, ideally in a fast growing, global, commercial organisation. Ideally with a deep interest in technology.
- You will demonstrate strong project management and leadership skills: with outstanding organisational, budget management and planning skills. We are looking for a proven track record of developing a team in a multi-faceted organisation.
- You will demonstrate that you are commercially astute and can align your team’s objects with that of the wider business.
- You’ll need to build relationships quickly with the most senior members of our organisation and be able to influence multiple stakeholders to achieve your objectives.
- Ability to build and affect change – at both a people and process level.
- You’ll have the utmost discretion and be calm, logical, and confident – comfortable communicating with all levels and able to instil confidence.
- You will be self-motivated, able to work autonomously: a do-er, reliable, and with excellent presentation skills.
- You will be able to bring new ideas to the table, hold a firm opinion, but also accept a valid alternative. You’ll be able to think of new solutions quickly when a situation changes.
- Tenacity and persistence in pursing answers to problems and comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- The utmost discretion: tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential issues and situations.
- Cultural awareness and experience of the nuances of working in a European context.
- You will demonstrate first class communication skills, written and verbal, and be a natural storyteller.
- You will inspire and promote your team internally.
- Degree level education: 2:1 or above.
- 5 years’ experience managing internal communications and employee engagement, ideally in a fast growing commercial organisation or communications agency.
- A range of experience in communications, ideally with a passion for technology and automotive.
- Calm under pressure, resilient and with a track-record of good judgement, and an ability to get things done.
- Line management experience required.
- Evidence of strong written communications is essential.
- Languages desirable.
- The role is based in Malmesbury with travel to other sites in the UK, including our International Press Office in London, and some international travel.
What we can offer you -
· 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays
· Private medical and dental cover
· Life assurance
· Yearly bonus and pay review
· Pension scheme
· Dyson machine discount
· Free sports centre
· Subsidized cafes