- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
To act as an in-house commercial lawyer as part of an active and engaged team committed to enabling Dyson’s continued commercial success.
AccountabilitiesWe require an experienced lawyer to provide the following legal services:
- Providing support on legal issues across the business (including commercial, competition, marketing, sales, procurement, outsourcing, data protection, consumer law, product regulation, and the Research, Design and Development area);
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with suppliers and customers;
- Reviewing marketing claims for print and television to analyse the risk of legal challenge, including assessing scientific evidence for the support of claims;
- Handling UK and European advertising disputes (including litigation);
- Providing legal advice and support to senior management teams both in market and at Group;
- Providing advice and support on consumer related issues and regulatory matters; and
- Acting as a line manager for market Legal Counsel.
SkillsThe successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a commercial role. In-house exposure during or post training is a definite advantage. The ideal candidate will:
- Have a solid background in commercial law and an ability to apply that knowledge in a practical and pragmatic way;
- Have strong drafting skills and extensive experience of contract negotiation;
- Have good awareness of the role of the legal function in a large business and have the ability to contribute actively in the taking of key business decisions (including through attending market Directors’ meetings);
- Have an appetite to learn new skills and the versatility and technical ability to deal with issues outside of their experience and learn quickly on the job;
- Be able to work with a minimum level of supervision in a fast paced, constantly changing but supportive environment;
- Have experience or interest in design and engineering and an aptitude to learn to understand technical discussions;
- Have the confidence and gravitas to challenge decisions and actions when required;
- Be a skilled communicator and capable of interacting with the business at all levels (including the Executive Team), to build effective relationships and earn credibility across the business; and
- Experience of handling litigation in the UK or a European jurisdiction is desirable but not essential.