- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Dyson Global Logistics is looking for an extraordinary Senior Logistics Executive to join our team as a strategic contributor in Logistics Excellence. The Senior Logistics Executive is a key role in the global logistics organisation managing implementation of projects of a technical and transformational nature. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking the lead on logistics continuous improvement projects and providing support on transformational projects within the Logistics Excellence scope, working within a fast paced and complex environment with both internal stakeholders and our strategic partners. He / She will work collaboratively with functional owners to identify gaps, implement process improvements and constantly work with a continuous improvement mindset.
About the roleResponsibilities & deliverables of the Role
- Develop, lead, drive and implement strategic process and continuous improvement initiatives within a complex and growing network.
- Benchmarks internal processes, and develops future capabilities, practices, processes and systems, driving them through until full implementation.
- Effectively and efficiently uses structured program management / implementation methods to successfully introduce new practices/processes on time, with a strong focus on developing business cases that clearly demonstrate opportunities and benefits.
- Identifies gaps in processes and systems to determine their root cause, and applies innovative approaches to identifying risk, streamlining process, eliminating or modifying non-value add activities.
- Champions the use of new standardized processes and technology, bringing together cross-functional teams to share knowledge and collaborate and deliver efficient, robust and workable solutions.
- Provides ideas to drive efficiency and effectiveness, whilst leveraging best-practice and deploying governance and standards that align to business strategy.
- Manages a strong application of technical knowledge and dives into the detail, whilst also being able to present ideas in a concise nature to senior stakeholders.
Key Stakeholder Interfaces for the Role
- Global Supply Chain Director and Head of Global Logistics
- Logistics Excellence and Operations
- Intra-regional Heads of Supply Chain and Logistics
- Indirect Procurement
- Customs and Compliance
- Global Manufacturing and Procurement
Critical Behaviours for the Role
- Impact and influence: Develops and maintains strong, effective and collaborative relationships (internal & external) to facilitate change and ensure cohesion across the network. Able to promote and secure stakeholder buy-in. Resilient with a tenacious approach to getting things done.
- Interpersonal effectiveness: Is sensitive to different points of view and seeks to understand and resolve conflicts / issues in a constructive manner swiftly. Able to operate effectively and comfortably in a multi-cultural and global environment. Is able to give direction, support and manage expectations in a respectful and polite manner.
- Flexibility: Deals effectively with uncertainty, ambiguity and a changing environment, whilst implementing process and structure that can support growth.
About youSkills and Knowledge Required for the Role
- Strong knowledge of the end-to-end supply chain, with a clarity for understanding the importance and interdependencies associated with each stage of the process — Plan, Source, Make, Deliver.
- Knowledge and experience of ocean logistics activities and partnerships, including working with manufacturers/3PLs, as well as a strong awareness of shipping documentation compliance, safety, security, import / export compliance laws.
- Understanding of process mapping and experience in development of process flows, work instructions and SOPs for operational deployment.
- Strong organisation, communication and presentation skills including the ability to evaluate complex logistics solutions and articulate these in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Excellent ability to analyse and report complex suit of datasets to provide meaningful business insights, effectively manage root cause resolution and clearly articulate improvement opportunities.
- Experience in Supply Chain and Logistics Transformation projects would be advantageous, including previous delivery of Control Towers and/or process automation.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- 5+ years' operational logistics experience in relevant industries.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English.
- Business or Supply Chain related degree is desirable.
- Ability to travel at short notice.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.