- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Singapore - Singapore
About the role
- Leads a team of direct and indirect reports responsible for on-time delivery (in full) of products from source to distribution centre.
- Works with peers for the effective management of transportation of inventory that meet both service and cost objectives, whilst increasing agility.
- Implementation of global logistics strategies into scalable business-as-usual models that optimize efficiencies.
- Manage 3PL partners and ensuring the delivery of a comprehensive 3PL engagement plan that encompasses global and regional freight and transportation activity.
- Is responsible for the management and reporting of inventory in transit control from source to delivery.
- Works in partnership and collaboration with indirect procurement to agree the best commercial propositions, including identifying opportunities for service excellence, continuous improvement and the application of innovation.
- Implementation of the global 3PL segmentation strategy and sets, governs and deploys effective governance models relating to freight and transport logistics.
- Acts as the internal sponsor for the global 3PL partner, acting as the senior focal point within the logistics organisation, including guiding operational implementation, developing new areas of busines, setting out joint strategies.
- Maintains benchmarking and ongoing assessment processes for global 3PL partners to constantly improve.
- Works closely with intra-regional logistics leadership teams to understand the need for local customization of globally agreed operating standards, refining as appropriate, including the administrative control and information flow.
- Represents and contributes on behalf of the global logistics function as a workstream owner of new projects and initiatives.
- Supports Global Logistics Excellence best-practice promotion and adopts value-add practices to constantly drive business process improvement.
- Responsible for the delivery of cost-to-serve to budget initiatives and maintain accurate actual and forecasted cost management.
- Build a high-performing and collaborative team culture, both externally and within 3PL partners.
- Manages and oversees the deployment of efficient procedures and processes for effective logistics planning and execution.
- Effectively governs, manages and utilises short and long-term capacity planning efforts to deliver accurate and reliable weekly capacity and load planning.
- Mitigates risks associated with missed sailings, cargo roll and / or congestions that prolong inventory in transit and cost.
- Ensure all 3PL partners comply with Dyson governance standards that meet visibility, service, and cost requirements.
- Oversees and manages the execution of the export / import security and compliance requirements.
- Ensures efficient and effective collaboration between global, intra-regional and 3PL logistics partners.
- Works with intra-regional logistics leads to understand, implement and monitor strategic and priority stock to mitigate customer supply disruptions and service penalties.
- Works with intra-regional logistics leads to proactively manage inbound receipt, avoiding costs associated with detention & demurrage.
- Monitors global standard KPIs that measure and track logistics performance, working in close collaboration with Dyson Logistics Performance management to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensures stakeholder alignment, documents and controls global freight and transport process and procedures, including intra-regional nuances for inbound logistics.
- Ensures alignment from global 3PL service providers on standards and operating procedures from the point of selection.
- Maintains a documented and implemented relationship development strategy for strategic partners that includes a continuous improvement and innovation framework and roadmaps.
- Sets SMART objectives and KPIs that capture, measure and report on the service delivery, data quality and financial performance achieved by each global 3PL provider.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.