- Robotics and Machine Learning
- Shanghai - China
Machine Learning is expanding beyond the UK to establish a research position in Shanghai. The focus will be on identifying novel applications of machine learning and artificial intelligence to bring business benefit to all Dyson categories, acting as a local subject matter expert in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Work alongside scientists, designers and research engineers to provide analytic insight into Dyson’s research challenges and support to operational issues.
- Perform investigatory analysis of large multivariate datasets, suggesting novel techniques for data collection during future experiments and field trials.
- Identify opportunities to apply machine learning techniques to extract meaning and derive value.
- Characterise classifier or algorithm performance against defined project objectives; proposed implementation environment; and associated computational constraints.
- Collaborate with research engineers to recommend improvements to data collection and experimental strategy to optimise system performance.
- Application of statistical methods to establish confidence in findings.
- Design and develop clean, documented, and easy to maintain code. Integrate software builds with the corporate CI environment where appropriate.
- Produce reports and presentations summarising progress against team and project goals, effectively and engagingly presenting complex technical information and analysis to senior management.
- Work independently to manage tasks with competing priorities.
- Collaborate with academic and industrial partnerships to leverage externally available expertise.
- Generation of novel intellectual property.
- Doctoral degree or Master of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Applied Mathematics; or Bachelor’s degree with significant experience.
- Expert knowledge of machine learning algorithm development and implementation in complex systems including hardware, software application and cloud-based components.
- Demonstrable machine learning or data science experience with a proven track record outside of academia, ideally working with Agile development methodologies.
- Feature extraction, time series analysis, signal processing, and statistical modelling.
- Ability to program in both high and low-level languages as appropriate, including Java, Python, C, C++ and in Matlab.
- Experience applying machine learning and data analysis techniques against real-world problems would be desirable.
- Enthusiasm to learn and share new methods and techniques within several areas of technical expertise.
- Passionate about the technical and personal development of junior team members.