- Salary will be based upon experience and credentials.
- Chicago - USA
Dyson is a global technology company with engineering and testing operations in Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines and the UK. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different. We're about better ideas and better technologies, to solve the problems that others often ignore.
We landed in the US in 2002 and haven't looked back. From our US HQ in Chicago’s Fulton Market neighborhood, we determine how to communicate and spread Dyson technology across the US. We have great marketers, sales, logistics, human resources, customer care people in addition to a vibrant Finance team. We need more people who crave our spirit and want to evolve with Dyson and deliver on key initiatives. It’s challenging. You need to be bold, resilient, daring and nimble to unlock all of the possibilities a career at Dyson has to offer!
Finance is a key partner to the US Dyson business, helping to guide and shape strategy and business decisions every day. The Senior Manager, FP&A will manage financial planning, analysis and reporting for the US business. Working hand in hand with the US leadership team and the Dyson Global finance organization to monitor and explain US business performance. In addition, this role will be the finance lead for Logistics, Overhead and Other Costs for the US business. Responsible for developing the bottoms up forecast and budget while managing and understanding results / incurred costs in these areas.
- Cross-functional coordination of monthly forecast development and submission; orchestrating and monitoring progress of key activities to meet required deadlines
- Collect and submit US forecasts and budget into Onestream; Ensure that the information communicated is accurate, timely and consistent with the direction of the global organization
- Understand monthly actuals and key drivers of performance versus budget, forecast and prior year
- Lead Dyson Leadership team through month end results, explaining key variances versus prior year, prior forecast and budget
- Create and distribute key financial reporting to Leadership team through use of Onestream, SAP, BW and Excel
- Provide accurate, relevant and reliable month end actuals for each cost component along with variance analyses explaining the results vs. prior year, prior forecast and budget
- Partner with Logistics and Supply Planning team to accurately forecast logistics and other cost of sales on a monthly basis and budget on an annual basis
- Work cross-functionally with business partners to identify and implement cost savings opportunities
- Work with external suppliers to gather data to provide actionable analytics to Logistics team
- Provide ad-hoc financial support for department heads, for example supporting business case justifications, capex requests and other scenario modeling
- Oversee Overhead Cost Center reporting and analysis
- Provide accurate, relevant and reliable month end figures for each cost center along with variance analyses explaining the results vs. prior year, prior forecast and budget
- Provide ad-hoc financial support for cost center managers, for example supporting business case justifications and scenario modeling
- Plan and forecast overhead costs across the US
- Conduct monthly overhead forecast meetings with department heads.
- Develop monthly overhead forecast based upon drivers provided by the department heads
- Analyze forecast vs. prior year, prior forecast and budget and provide analysis to department heads and US leadership team
- Sales Incentive Planning
- Collaborate with Head of Total Rewards to scenario model / estimate impact of any changes or revisions to current sales compensation plan
- Calculate results of existing sales compensation plan based upon company performance for communication to the Sales team
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required; MBA in Finance preferred
- 7 to 10 years of finance management experience
- Prior experience in CPG or manufacturing company preferred
- Systems savvy with advanced Excel skills
- Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Office
- SAP and Onestream experience a plus
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment, managing multiple and changing priorities.
- Strong managerial skills to coach and manage 2 direct reports – providing guidance, feedback, coaching and training to their team
- High level of motivation and energy with the desire to “dig into the details” when necessary and work independently
- Strong technical skills / agility to work with a variety of systems – including Onestream, SAP, BW and Anaplan
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated achievements and results oriented manner
- Analytical mind-set with a desire to identify and realize cost savings
- Continuous improvement mind-set who seeks opportunities to improve the process, systems, reporting and analytics within Dyson