- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
Our aim, as Dyson IT, is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Global IT Strategy, Platforms and Enablement OverviewThe Strategy, Platforms and Enablement team have overall responsibility for ensuring full alignment of the IT strategic plans with those of broader Dyson. Driving enabling platforms and services to ensure the broader service and product teams can deliver exceptional results and achieve the unimaginable.
The team leads bringing technology insights and innovation into our strategy and roadmaps, through Centres of Excellence focussed on core enabling platforms and strategic missions focussed on accelerate delivery and delivering efficiency.
As Mission control for Dyson IT, the team will lead on the optimisation of resource across people, finances and architectural principles to ensure the Dyson IT teams are focused on the right things at the right time and in the right way.
About the roleThe Senior Manager - Intelligent Automation Centre of Excellence (CoE) Lead, reporting to the Global Head of Technology Platforms and CoE’s, will be responsible for:
- Leading a Cross-Functional IA team responsible for delivering the core strategy, delivery and operation of CoE. This includes, but not limited to;
- Architecture patterns, standards, policies and process to be used across Dyson to ensure global alignment of Automation platforms, processes and people.
- Developing a portfolio of best practices to be consumed by all Business Units
- Introducing new technology services via Proof of Concepts (PoC) and Proof of Value (PoV)
- Key Operational support for live automations
- Ensuring benefits are defined and realised in line with defined automation business cases to meet CoE KPI’s
- Developing and implementing the Intelligent Automation Operating Model
- Maximizing the ROI on existing, internal Automation Assets whilst building new capability
- Producing a sustainable, future-fit Intelligent Automation Roadmap that aligns with Dysons strategic objectives
- Acting as the central governance body that interfaces into existing architecture, strategy and governance bodies within Dyson; they will ensure standards are defined in alignment with regulatory and internal operational risk requirements
- Acts as the internal foundation for knowledge and expertise by constantly reviewing market developments, ensuring best-in-class services are provisioned and consumed by Dyson Business Units
- Continuous improvement of Automation Development Life Cycle and Governance Model
About youWith experience in a similarly dynamic, international role and complex organisation, you’ll have a proven working knowledge of leading an IT team working as part of a global matrix managed team.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Strong business acumen.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Natural collaborator, open to challenge yet assertive.
- Strong leader.
- Ethical, personal integrity.
- Quick learner.
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- Demonstratable Automation leadership experience and a passion for Innovation excellence.
- Demonstrable experience working within multi-national and diverse organizations
- Excellent understanding of Operating models that are commercially focused and sustainable to enable rapid growth and expansion
- Demonstrable experience leading global, cross-functional teams
- A strong & capable individual with experience in the creation of and adherence to corporate policy, process and procedure
- Experience developing any or all of the following; Strategy, Operating Models, Technical Architecture, Cloud Migrations
- Enterprise Architecture principles and methodologies covering Application, Data, Security and Cloud Infrastructure
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills across all levels of the organisation up to exec level with an ability to adjust the communication style depending on audience
- Good problem solving and organizational skills
- Implement and manage cost controls and reporting in cloud all environments.
- Keeping up to date with technology trends and identifying areas for improvement
- While demonstratable leadership and Innovation experience is essential, a degree level of equivalent is desirable
- While programming knowledge is not required, a demonstrable interest in and/or experience with Automation & Enterprise Technologies (e.g. UIPath, Msoft Power Apps/Automate, SAP, Salesforce and BMP tools)
- Experience building and running Global Centralised, Hybrid or De-Centralised CoE’s with either on-shore, near-shore or offshore models
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.