- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Global IT Strategy, Platforms and Enablement Overview
This team are accountable for delivering the IT strategy that aligns to and forms part of the broader Dyson strategic blueprint. It will take the lead in bringing technology insights to this strategy and mobilising innovative technology centres of excellence to accelerate the delivery of the strategic intents called out in the blueprint.
The team will lead on the optimisation of resource across people, finances and architectural principles to ensure the Dyson IT teams are focused on the right things at the right time and in the right order.
The team lead on enabling and co-ordinating cross pillar activity, at all levels in IT, to ensure consistency of process and outcome is achieved, particularly around service management best practice.
About the role
The Network COE Manager, reporting to the Head of IT Core Platforms and Centres of Excellence (COE), will be responsible for:
- Defining and leading a team who will deliver the Network COE, comprising of Network Architects, Specialists and Network Delivery Engineers to:
- Define and create Network standards and best practices framework
- Define and create Network policies and architectural standards which will be consumed across the business
- Define Network Blueprint and roadmaps
- Introduction of new network technology,
- Network consultancy
- Centralized Network COE governance supporting other business units
- Managing the Network COE enabling the Network COE to be the point of contact for governance, enablement, technical standard and delivery
- Create and implement Network Operating Model
- Financial governance for Dysons Network platform
- Providing both extensive technical expertise and leadership support to the Head of IT Core Platforms and COEs
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- Proven track record of delivering good quality service to a global business and delivering projects on time and to quality from a resource, task and technical perspective
- Proven track record of leading a team that support a global network
- Proficient problem solver who is able to understand others’ agendas and deliver appropriate solutions
- Ability to deliver under pressure
- Confident communicator to business stakeholders
- Ability to communicate complex IT information to non-technical audience with clarity
- Strong planning & time management skills
- Good understanding delivering success in an IT function.
- Able to engage the business at all levels to solve problems and implement improvements
- Ability to adapt
- Excellent business acumen
You'll also need to have:
- 5+ years’ experience in leading a Network global network practice and team comprising of Network Architects, Network specialists and Network Engineers
- 5+ years’ experience in developing Network strategy and roadmaps
- 5 + years’ Network Operations
- Experience in creating policies and procedures
- Experience with the following network technologies
- SDWAN Software Defined WAN
- Cisco Switching and routing
- Cisco Software Defined Access SDA
- Firewall and security technology
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.