- Information Technology
- Amsterdam - The Netherlands
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do.
Our IT team provides modern solutions that help to remove complexity and drive efficiency as our business changes and grows.
Strategy, Platforms and Enablement Overview
The Strategy, Platforms and Enablement team have overall responsibility for ensuring full alignment of the IT strategic plans with those of broader Dyson. Driving enabling platforms and services to ensure the broader service and product teams can deliver exceptional results and achieve the unimaginable.
The team leads bringing technology insights and innovation into our strategy and road-maps, through Centres of Excellence focused on core enabling platforms and strategic missions focused on accelerate delivery and delivering efficiency.
As Mission control for Dyson IT, the team will lead on the optimisation of resource across people, finances, and architectural principles to ensure the Dyson IT teams are focused on the right things at the right time and in the right way
About the role
Provides ownership for ‘Mission control’ for the region with responsibility for providing an integrated and single view of work across the region – ensuring we are focused on the right things, at the right time in the right way. This includes providing services across Service Integration and Management, Portfolio and PMO.
for providing service integration and governance of pan pillar IT Service
Delivery across the region
- Producing service reports to drive best practice ITIL governance and to identify CSI opportunities
- Provide on call support for weekend and national holidays in order to provide 24/7/365 pan pillar & core platform service owner support for major incidents/escalations
- Provide major incident support for pan pillar & core platform services in a follow the sun approach
for providing Portfolio and PMO services across the regional portfolio
- Creates and provides accurate and timely information across the regional portfolio to enable effective control and decision making. The information “hub”.
- Provides assurance to the regional IT Director and central team that appropriate action has been taken to deliver the regional portfolio benefits to time, cost, and quality
- Tracking and reporting: Tracking KPIs and providing regular status updates and exception reports as required to ensure all key stakeholders are provided with the information, they require
- Portfolio insight: Supporting management decisions through analysis and insights including lessons learned, risk and issues, financial forecasts, and other key information.
- Proven experience managing a portfolio to support large strategic multi-functional programmes.
- Knowledge of ITIL principles particular change, problem, incident, request fulfilment and knowledge management
- Knowledge of PPM tools / packages e.g., Planview.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent computer literacy and numeracy.
- Strong knowledge of programme and project management methods.
- Sound experience of management reporting including tracking of plans and benefits, risks and issue tracking, and financial accounting.
- Outstanding financial management, budgeting, and investment appraisal skills.
- Experience of developing and delivering IT Roadmaps and Programme Plans to meet business needs.
- Experience of operating within a global organisation with a proven ability to deliver against Group wide initiative.
- A strong service and business partnering mind-set
- You must possess strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key IT stakeholders up to and including Director level.
- Company Bonus Scheme OR Performance related bonus
- Discount on Dyson products
- Company Pension scheme
- 29 days annual holiday plan
- Company Fitness plan
- EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
- Life Assurance Plan
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.