- Manufacturing and tooling, Mechanical Engineering
- Singapore - Singapore
The ME team is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer who will work closely with the development teams throughout the development lifecycle to deliver best in class manufacturing capability for Dyson. This includes work in defining unique cell production processes and equipment, developing a cost/economic model to support Dyson’s cell production setup. The work environment expects to be demanding, fast-paced, exciting and a fulfilling journey.
The ideal candidate comes with proven track records working with cross function teams delivering complex, high volume manufacturing projects in areas such as cell/battery production, semiconductors, integrated circuits, display panels etc.
About the role
- Collaborates with energy storage research and development team to define production processes.
- Designs production equipment and fixtures.
- Identifies key process and equipment challenges and develops a solution to overcome these.
- Develops production equipment specifications (TES) and Manufacturing Equipment Supplier Response (MESR).
- Collaborates with equipment suppliers to develop best in class equipment to support production.
- Defines key equipment acceptance criteria in collaboration with internal stakeholders as well as equipment suppliers.
- Conduct Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) for production prototypes and equipment.
- Supports on site installation of prototype, pilot and production equipment.
- Supports facility/utility setup to support equipment installation.
- Champion continuous improvement activities.
- Develops equipment maintenance strategies together with production including spares management.
- Develops economic models for production facility setup including equipment and utilities.
- Develops a project plan and schedule to support production equipment and line setup.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering or Mechatronics (or equivalent)
- 5-10+ years of experience in process and equipment engineering for a high volume manufacturing organization.
- Experience is key battery/cell manufacturing process including electrode/separator coating, cell assembly and cell formation is a plus.
- Strong background and understanding of manufacturing operation setup including installation of equipment and supporting utilities.
- Eperience in equipment and process automation with ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Ability to put together a schedule of project plan and articulating the plan to key stakeholders.
- Ability to work with external suppliers (equipment) to identify and develop feasible manufacturing/automation solutions to support mass production.
- Ability to understand basic facility/utility hook-up and safety requirements to support setup of new production line or factory.
- Ability to conduct Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) prior to handing over production line to operations in accordance with stabilised standards and putting all test data together into a review package for key stakeholders.
- Ability to identify resources including but not limited to manpower and materials are readily available to support timely and successful completion of projects.
- Ability to engage and hold tough conversations with internal and external parties to support problem solving.
- Basic understanding of quality tools and 6-sigma concepts e.g. CpK, GR&R, DMAIC, SPC with ability to apply these across projects.
- Basic understanding of LEAN manufacturing concepts and ability to apply these concepts.
- Ability to deliver results under pressure and tight timelines and ability to communicate effectively at all working levels within the organization.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.