- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role
- Work with cross-functional teams in RDD and Operations in South East Asia and with RDD UK for all materials-related issues.
- Select, identify and evaluate materials based on design objectives but also materials that benefit aesthetics and cost.
- Support the Sustainability vision and strategy of the company.
- Use of key materials knowledge, literature research and experiments to validate results and substantiate materials choices.
- Support failure analysis and development of test methods.
- Communicate with new and existing suppliers.
- Document material selection criteria including criteria to meet compliance requirements
- BSc or higher in Materials Science & Engineering or a related subject is essential.
- 3 or more years’ experience within a relevant materials role, but lower levels of experience will be considered for the right candidate.
- Sound knowledge of material properties with a preference to metal alloys and ceramics. Polymer knowledge would be desirable.
- Experience with a range of characterisation techniques such as Optical Microscopy, Tensile and Mechanical testing, Metrology, Tribology techniques or more.
- Knowledge of failure mechanisms, basic mechanical principles such as fatigue, creep, thermal expansion and tribology but also processing methods is desirable.
- Knowledge or experience working with surface coatings and sustainable/renewable materials is desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Designers, Senior Management and Engineering teams in the UK and South East Asia.
- Creative and methodical problem-solving skills accompanied with an enthusiastic, self-motivated and collaborative nature.
- Ability to manage time, manage multiple projects and prioritise activities according to project timelines.
- Experience with a Materials Selection software and Minitab is desirable.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.