- Mechanical Engineering
- Calamba - Philippines
About the role
The Global Technology Development department comprises of a diverse groups of curious, world class engineering specialists. We are experts in our fields and we ensure Dyson products are on the edge of what’s possible. The Hair Care (PC) Tech Dev team in Philippines encompasses three key disciplines, Fluid Dynamics, Acoustics and Vibration, and Finite Element Analysis. The team provides technical leadership in the fields of flow, thermal management, acoustic and vibration, structural dynamics and mechanics of materials.This position is recognized as a solid independent contributor possessing an in-depth knowledge of a discipline, and looked upon by junior engineers to provide directions. This individual is expected to lead discipline team to resolve technical challenges within the project, while demonstrating effective communication skills. It is necessary for someone in this role to be able to do the work and effectively teach what they know to other employees.
- Drives discipline team to support departmental goals and long term technology road map. Plan and manage progress of actions, in order to deliver on time.
- Provide inputs to yearly goal setting.
- Holds responsibility to deliver to assigned projects in one of these specialist areas
- Structural and Moulding
- May own design specifications within projects and could be expected to ensure that the product design satisfy the requirements.
- Manage related technical risk actively and provide mitigations as needed. Ensure timely closure of risk items.
- Resolve Problem Reports in timely manner.
- Provide technical oversight to junior members of team in area of Structural and Moulding Analysis.
- Take ownership of personal career development by setting out immediate and long term plan together with line manager.
- May manage development plan of discipline engineers. Coach discipline engineers as part of their development plan.
- Expected to resolve problems within project effectively while managing stakeholders’ expectations. May lead discipline or cross-functional team during such resolution.
- Expected to proactively identify areas of improvement and to propose and implement improvements.
- Actively manage lessons learnt database to ensure sharing of past learnings.
- A Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Aerodynamics/Acoustic engineering or equivalent, preferred applicants have a Master degree.
- Five years of experience in mechanical product analysis & development, preferably in the consumer electrical appliance industry.
- In-depth knowledge of in one of these specialist areas and the relevant technical skills
§ Structural and Moulding – Finite element analysis, structural testing
§ Fluids/Thermo-dynamics – Computational and experimental fluid dynamics
§ Acoustic - Acoustic measurement techniques and acoustic measurements
- Advanced user in relevant mechanical simulation software such as ANSYS Mechanical, LS-DYNA, ANSYS Fluent, COMSOL or similar.
- Experience in hardware and software for measurement and data acquisition (e.g. B&K Pulse, strain gauge, MATLAB and Labview, etc.) is preferred.
Technical and problem solving skills
- Ability to gather information systematically to establish facts and principles required to solve complex problems within the project, typically without precedents.
- Demonstrated ability to assess multiple viewpoints/argument independently, and determine technical path forward for project.
- Proficient in root cause analysis techniques. Able to coach less experienced engineers.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate the work of others, typically within a project team.
- Able to identify and manage technical risks within projects. Expected to provide mitigation plans, with impact across the project. Proficient in FMEA techniques and able to coach less experienced engineers.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and coaching, and respond appropriately. Able to coach less experienced engineers.
- Proficiently communicate ideas and concepts, frequently tailoring communication to suit different levels. Ability to persuade and influence others as needed, typically within a project team.
- Ensure cooperation and interaction across diverse stakeholders, often managing familiar and less challenging internal customers.
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and relocation assistance. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition
Interview guidance:We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.