- SGD Competitive Remuneration package
- Motors and Power Systems
We are looking for Senior/Advanced/Junior Mechanical Engineers to join Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) Research, Design and Development department.
- Responsible for structure / airflow / vibration / impact / noise analysis of DDM mechanical components and assemblies from prototype to production.
- Conduct performance (aero/noise) verification and also other investigations to support project delivery on specifications.
- Continuous improvement of quality and reliability. Responsible for DDM FRACAS (failure reporting, analysis and corrective action system). Support failure analysis, failure mechanism and root cause identification, and work with other teams (electronics team, quality team, engineering team etc) on design change, process improvement, quality control and corrective action implementation.
- PhD/Master/Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience for senior position.
- Familiar with engineering simulation software, e.g. ANSYS, for structure / vibration / impact analysis.
- Proficient in Six Sigma methodologies, tools (DMAIC/DMADV/MSA/DOE/FMEA etc) and have strong data analysis skills.
- A well rounded mix of experimental, theoretical and design skills. Use of ad-hoc hand calculations and investigative experiments to evaluate the concepts/ideas and to support engineering decisions.
- Knowledge and experience of precision machinery design or complex mechanical assembly (such as HDD, brushless motors, turbochargers, turbines or related) in areas of vibration, noise, rotor balancing/dynamics, thermal and wear/ tear are preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of using Matlab and Labview for signal processing are preferred.
- creative and methodical problem solving.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical properties, failure mechanisms and processing of engineering materials (such as steel, aluminum, zinc, copper, thermoplastic, thermoset and carbon fibre composite).
- Experience on bearing quality control and bearing related vibration/noise is a plus.
- Experience on aerodynamics and/or acoustics is a plus