- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next five years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2025, there will be 100 new machines, 3 new product portfolios and Dyson’s headcount will have grown. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organise itself and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect.
Dyson Commercial is responsible for taking this amazing technology to market, explaining how our machines are different and their benefits. We never share the stage, where we demonstrate our machines and their superiority we win.
The next period of Dyson’s growth will see us taking our technology into more markets, doubling the business and quadrupling Direct. It will see our Owner base grow rapidly and a focus on both acquiring more Owners and retaining the Owners we have.
Competitors are expanding reach and bringing products into the marketplace. However, Dyson differentiates through our superior technology and also the unique experiences that we bring to our Owners. However, we need to manage this ambition in a more efficient and agile way, bringing new technology to markets faster, reacting to Owner expectations quicker and leading the market in more innovative ways.
About the roleThe Senior Project Manager role works within our internal Dyson Media team and reports into one of the Planning & PMO Programme Managers. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and ensuring delivery of specific Media projects, that enable our Dyson Media Team to meet its objectives. The successful candidate will ensure that the internal Media team and our Media agency teams follow our ways of working and governance, including meeting cadence, status reporting alongside issues and risk management. You will also work closely with the Finance team to track Group budgets, ensure relevant POs are raised and released accordingly.
The role takes full Project Management ownership of specific projects within the Media team, as well as our Media agency, alongside annual media budget planning and the Media team’s budget management. The successful candidate will be critical in ensuring that their specific projects run to spec, are delivered on time, to the required quality expected at Dyson.
The successful candidate will also work closely with the Media teams across our four Centres of Excellence (CoEs) globally, and our Market teams.
The day to day:
Your role will be hands-on. You’ll liaise with key business stakeholders as well as our Media agency. You will be responsible for running and ensuring delivery of specific Media projects, to spec, on time, to the required quality and withing budget.
In the day to day your tasks will include
- Project Management of specific Media projects, including risk and issue management.
- Ensuring our Media Team and Media agency follow our established ways of working and governance, including meeting cadence and status reporting.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining our “Media machine”
- Responsible for running QMRs and our annual media budget planning.
- Responsible for managing the Media Team’s budget, ensuring relevant POs are raised and released accordingly.
- Media Team. Partnering with the team, you will be their Senior Project Manager.
- Media Agency. Ensuring WoW are followed.
- Finance. Working closely to manage QMRs and Annual Media Budget planning.
- Group Commercial, CoE and Market teams. Our internal customers.
- You will be a proven Mid-weight or Senior Project Manager with a background in digital & cross-channel media project management or media tech project management, or you will have demonstrable experience as a Media Account Manager with exceptional ability to manage multiple projects for a diverse range of clients
- You will understand the digital media landscape and have knowledge of the latest tools and platforms
- Strong proven capability to prioritise, manage process and solve complex problems
- A positive and impactful communicator with excellent negotiation & influencing skills and the ability to ‘bring people with you’
- Comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical teams and engaging at all levels of the business. Simplify the complex and make the impact of enhancements visible in business terms
- Passion for Media and Digital and the role they plays in driving business growth.
- Highly-organised with proven experience in project management with the ability to juggle multiple, complex projects at once
- Calm, considered approach and be able to cope with a very busy workload
- Good communication skills (clear communication, knowing when to communicate what to whom) and ability to develop working relationships easily
- Ability to manage upwards in a timely and constructive manner.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.